1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnt a dvd but theres no sound

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DeZE, Oct 5, 2004.

1. DeZE

DeZE Guest

i just burnt a dvd and the pitcures ok but there's no sound can anyone help

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Well we need a little more info to help you out.
    1) What was your source? DVD, avi, ISO and so on.
    2) what programs did you use to process and burn?

That should give us a good start. We'll be waiting. :)

3. DeZE

DeZE Guest

it was a avi i burnt to dvd and im using power producer to burn it(which came with my dvd burner),i used g-spot and i know it has sound but it just doesn't work

4. todg6

todg6 Member

Using Power Producer 2 Gold (which came with my Medion PC), I copied something from VHS to record a DVD-R. The DVD works fine from my PC and others, however in DVD players there is no audio. I have no idea at this stage what the cause of my problem is. Any ideas?

I have read of a similar problem with the SE version of Nero Vision Express supplied with the Medion.

5. todg6

todg6 Member

I fixed my problem. Found that I had not selected Dolby Digital as the sound option when on the first screen of the create DVD process in Power Producer. The default sound option (can't remember the name) works from a PC, but wasn't successfully decoded by DVD players. After changing the sound option to Dolby Digital and re-recording, everything is fine.

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

todg6-
    Glad to hear you got it to work.

DeZe-
    Any luck yet? As soon as I asked I knew you would say it was an AVI, which I'm not great with. I was hoping somebody would jump in and help out. Let me know if you haven't figured it out on your own and I will try to contact someone who might be able to help out.