1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD keeps skippin and jumpin towards end

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by markbklyn, Aug 14, 2004.

1. markbklyn

markbklyn Member

I'm using an 8x DRU-530A Sony DVD Burner and Philips 8x DVD+R dvds to burn my movies on. The programs im using are DVD Decrypter and CloneDVD. I have no problems encoding them with the decrypter and no problems burning them. But when i play the movie on any dvd player towards the middle of the movie and sometimes toward the end of the movie it skips every 2 seconds and jumps then stops.. Does anyone know the reason this happens? am i doing something wrong?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Try burning at slower speeds, like 4x. Also, ive been seeing this a lot, your player might not like 8x media.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

My first suggestion would be to knock the burn speed down to 4X and see if that doesn't clear up your problem.

There are a couple of reasons that I'm suggesting this. The first being that not all media is created equal and skipping/freezing is the classic sign of low quality media. The second reason is that the faster you burn, the more chance you have for errors and reduced compatibility.

Try burning at a lower speed and if that doesn't work I'd suggest picking up a few discs such as Verbatim DataLife Plus or Maxell for testing purposes. Both these brands are easily found at electronics stores.

Myself and others here are very loyal to Ritek G04/05 media which can be found on the net for around $30 to $35 for a spindle of 50 and is outstanding media :)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

lol, looks like you were writing your reply at the same time i was.

5. markbklyn

markbklyn Member

Ok thanks.. now i just opened CloneDVD but i dont see an option to set my burner to burn at the speed of 4x. anyone know how i could set it to burn at 4x?

6. roberson

roberson Guest

I too had your problem when I first started burning media. My advise is to purchase Ritex G04 media and start using them. I bet your problem will go away.
    You can purchase them as low as $51.00 per hundred and free shipping. Look on search on the web Ritex G04.
    Make sure they are original Ritex G04. Hope this will help, Robert

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Not the first time it's happened either :p