1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnt DVD that plays straight into the movie instead of going to the menu

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by s8n, Jan 22, 2005.

1. s8n

s8n Member

hi guys , i have a burnt DVD that plays straight into the movie instead of going to the menu....is there a prog/app where i can change this ?

any help appreciated

s8n

2. brobear

brobear Guest

First of all, what software did you use to record the movie? The solution may lie there. AnyDVD, a ripper, has the option of setting the backup to jump to the title menu. http://www.slysoft.com Editing and encoding software can override that command though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  3. s8n

s8n Member

to tell u the truth a friend gave it to me....it has a menu but u have to press it on the remote to bring it up.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like the copy may have been encoded with the command to jump to the movie. A lot of people like the feature. Personally, I set mine to jump past the extras to the start menu. If you want a copy that doesn't jump to the movie, you'll have to get with the friend that made the copy for you.

5. s8n

s8n Member

i spoke to my friend he said its a DVD-9 converted down to DVD-5 , and its been converted by professional ripping groups...ie CSiso etc.....

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, other than a lot of work over a situation that can be remedied with the push of a button, it would take making another copy of the original through a process targeting the menu start.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

BTW, most of the backup work still being done is DVD9 to DVD5. DL is nice, but the media prices are still too high to be popular.

8. s8n

s8n Member

hahahahaha .......that is damn true ' other than a lot of work over a situation that can be remedied with the push of a button ' .....i like that