1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVDs not playing in any standalone players! Please help!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dvdstory, Sep 7, 2004.

1. dvdstory

dvdstory Member

Hi guys,

I'm afraid that this is beginning to be a bit of a pulling hair out job for me.

Hope someone can help..............
    here goes:

Athlon 1200
    512mb
    win xp

I have been trying for a week now using varios software to author a dvd that actually plays in a dvd player.

Unfortunately, the best I have managed to achieve is perfect playback in an xbox and ps2 console!!!- this is not exactly what I had in mind, however.

I though I had cracked it through the use of winavi convertor but, alas, although this software allows playback in dvd player it produced extremely choppy playback which means that it really isnt a viable option.

I have used dvdsanta , cce encoder, canopus procoder ( too slow ), tmpgenc ( too slow ), dvdlab, tmpgenc 1.6 dvd author, nero 6, cucosoft ( too slow ), sonic mydvd, diko and avi2svcd.

I can convert avi files to mpg and then to .ifo, .vob, etc, this is no problem- the only problem I have is that despite everything, no matter what I try, I have not been able to produce a working dvd ( in a standalone player at least) with any of this software (many types of dvds -+ have been used-and wasted!) apart from winavi ( which produces very choppy results that the ps2 in particular does not like ).

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, as I do not really want to turn bald !

Thanks guys,

p.s: I hope that with your help, my entire stockpile of dvds will not end up as coasters.

2. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

Let me get this straight what you trying to do is make a backup of a dvd that you own

3. dvdstory

dvdstory Member

Hi Swenyb,

'nice quote from Aristotle'.

Just to let everybody know that, and I am sure you are all going to laugh at me..... the problem was that the standalone player which I based the majority of my tests on needed the use of a DVD lens cleaning disc..... plain and simple!!

Sorry to waste anybodys time... The moral of the story is therefore this: before wasting too many discs when testing your output for the first time, it would be wise to ensure that your damned DVD player lens wasn't dirty - I certainly won't be making this mistake again!

4. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

Lol ok then