1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnung PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drwheel, Dec 19, 2004.

1. drwheel

drwheel Guest

Can someone tell me what I need to burn PS2 games? What I'm working with is a DVD+RW drive, will this work? Also what is a good or reliable Decryptor program?

2. cipo_81

cipo_81 Member

I use DVD Decrypter and I have burned 2 games so far with it and it works fine.

3. drwheel

drwheel Guest

Did you have to put a mod chip in the PS2? Thanks!!

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes, either a modchip or disc swapping with something like Swap Magic is required to play backups.

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use Alcohol 120% with a DVD+R burner, has worked great so far.

6. drwheel

drwheel Guest

I think I would rather take the modchip route. One more question though. My laser had to be replaced recently and I took it to the local Nintendo-Xbox-PS2 repair shop. Is this something they can install for me? Sorry if it sounds dumb, I'm new to the whole backup thing.

7. cdmuncher

cdmuncher Member

you could possibly take it to them,but it would be very costly,your better off contacking the person you bought it from for installation instructions,this is also complicated though.

8. drwheel

drwheel Guest

You were right they charge $90.00! I have been reading on the different chips and noticed that they all say "most stable chip" what does this mean? Will my backup games crash if a less expensive chip is used? I have a PS2 (5) what would be a most reliable chip for this one? They range from around $24.00 up to $69.00, I would hate to spend $69.00 on a chip that would produce the same result as a $24.00 chip. I'm intending on getting the best bang for my buck.

9. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Matrix Infinity all the way. brilliant chip and soooooo reliable.

10. drwheel

drwheel Guest

Any and everyone please feel free to add your suggestions and comments on what type of chip is reccomended for a PS2-5. This site has been truly been a great help in finding what I needed. AD awsome job!!