1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnwrite rumor 2 burn bad sectors

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by peterbob, Jan 12, 2005.

1. peterbob

peterbob Guest

upon closer investigation iv found this 2 be some what true . but what about the ring? what burner burns the ring also? help would be great

2. peterbob

peterbob Guest

i bring this up because its rumored to burn exact copies:ie no boot , no swap . the only problem is the right burner 2 burn the inner ring

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
  3. peterbob

peterbob Guest

u can delete this

4. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

No burner is known to burn playable copies w/o a mod.

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs. So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

6. peterbob

peterbob Guest

thank you guys for the input . I have a neo 12 chip for a ver 9 console . my ver 5 has a duo chip. the ver 9 is in my truck and the ver 5 at home . but im still having trouble with the neo 12 install , this whole no swap thread is just a projct im working on. but i still could use some help on neo12 install. also any one know where i could get or how two make extensions for the ribbons for the dvd drive. i have a thread about this in here in general ps2 search remote mount dvd drive , if interested , could use the input. thank you all .