1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bus reset error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by biglospim, Feb 9, 2007.

1. biglospim

biglospim Guest

When I try to burn using Clone CD or Xbox Backup Creator I get an error right before it starts to burn and spits the CD out, luckily still blank and useable I Believe.

This is the process I get when I try to burn:

Setting Write Speed to: 2x (2,822 KB/s)
    Write Speed set to: 8x (11,080 KB/s)
    Setting layer 0 capacity at: 1913760 sectors
    Power On, or Bus Device Reset occurred; Trying to recover.
    Continuing on after 6/29/00 Bus Reset Error
    Getting media info [D]
    Media Type: Not Present
    Write failed

Can anybody help me out and tell me why I am getting this error?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I've been using CloneCD with no problems, and maybe you should set the writing speed down a little. It says that it's at 2x, but it's writing at 8x. Change the speed and see if that helps. If not, uninstall the CloneCD, and re-install it.

3. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Thanks but that was actually set at 2x , I think the 8x is the drives like... capability. The only thing I haven't tried is actually going faster or higher but a lot of good that will do me.

But thanks man that was definitly a good observation, I appreciate it.

4. biglospim

biglospim Guest

By the way what's your drive, you burn with. I'm hearing it doesn't matter what drive as long as DL capable But I'm started to thing it does matter cus I don't know what else to try.
    i already ordered the pioneer 111d 1.29 firmware and I'm just waiting for it , but if I can figure out how to use this one , there's still time to cancel it and save some dough!

5. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Hey u use cd clone right but do you read the image with cd clone cuz when I rip with xbox bacckup creator, I don't get an image file to use cd clone with. So do you read + burn with cd clone?????

Thanks Buddy !!

6. biglospim

biglospim Guest

O tea and if so what settings do i use cuz it says data game whatever and anything else thanks A Lot !!

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I personally have never used Xbox Backup Creator. I use wxRipper, and then use Xbox 360 SS Merger 1.7b, to merge the SS file with the .iso. I then burn the .dvd image to a Verbatim DVD+R DL using CloneCD with a Pioneer DVR-111D. This driver is really nice, because it sets the booktype to DVD-ROM, so you don't have to mess with anything.

8. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

the easiest way to do this is to open xbox backup creator and rip your game, you will get a .dvd and a .iso file, which is prepactched, just rip and then put your blank dvd in your burner and click the write tab and open your .dvd file and burn at 2.4X, backed up close to 15 games this way with no coasters yet

9. biglospim

biglospim Guest

That does sound really easy but I don't know what it is I have to do or change because when I do that I get the error in the first post i believe. I think it is the drive and this bitsettin I'm hearing about cus I don't have a 111d. I need to change the bittsetting manually maybe, but I have no Idea I need HELP!! THANks Guys, we'll get there. If worse comes to worse it sounds like everyone with a 111d is having no problem.

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Go here, and download the .pdf. This is a guide written by a guy known as Textbook over at 360mods.net. If you need help with anything, including changing the booktype, it's all in this .pdf!

11. biglospim

biglospim Guest

DavGerm4, I got the pdf and it si great, I'm keeping it in my documents. It did help me out and it is freakin awsome. It showed me how to bitset which I didn't even know what the hell bitsetting was. I won't be needing the 111d, thanks a lot man, you really helped me out.

YOU ARE THE MAN !!! GOOD LOOKIN OUT !!!