1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busted LCD laptop screen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ledzep77, Jul 25, 2009.

1. ledzep77

ledzep77 Member

My LCD screen on my laptop is busted, and instead of spending 400 dollars to repair it I decided to use my TV as a monitor. I went to bestbuy and the salesman recommended using a vga cable to connect from the laptop to the TV. When doing this I get no signal to the tv. I noticed a symbol next to the vga connection on my laptop where I use a FN + F4. However since my screen is busted I can't see where I'm at on the desktop or when to use this key combonation. Also I think I remember seeing an option in windows vista to connect to a projector or external monitor, however; I have no way of navigating through windows. My question is can someone please offer any advice or screen shots to help me navigate through windows vista. My laptop is an HP dv2700 series if that is any extra help.

Any an all help would be appreciated THANKS in advance!!

2. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

Ebay is your friend..

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=HP+dv2700+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A brand new one would cost 90 bucks. If you cant install it yourself,im sure a local PC shop will install it for you.Usually that would cost 50 bucks.At my PC shop they call it a LCD install. So for around 140 bucks,your good to go. Just giving you another option. Hope it all works out for you.

3. ledzep77

ledzep77 Member

okay so after finally blindly getting onto my desktop i was able to get the screen to display on my hdtv. The whole screen wasn't in full view though (i no realize i needed to change the resolution.) anyways i started messing with some options and chose the Mirror option (not really sure why i did this) anyways no my tv is black and says "invalid format" Can some generous person PLEASE provide me with screen shots or directions using the keyboard (such as tab, arrow up, right, etc.) in order to get the setting back to just an external monitor. I am on a desktop so i don't have the mobile pc option in windows on this computer. Anyones help would be much appreciated!!

4. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Cant help with the key presses, but do you not have RDP/VNC enabled? You could remote in to your PC and set it up that way

5. 1nsan3

1nsan3 Regular member

i spent 99$ on mine,,,, go to https://www.lcdscreen.com/

very cheap! very easy to install...