1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

busted ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sav78, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sav78

sav78 Member

hi guys and gals, i dropped my ps2 on the floor recently. its stopped working (suprise suprise), the standby light(red) comes on when i plug it in but none of the other buttons work (eject/reset). does anyone know if it can be fixed or would it be better to get new one.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

your ribbon is unplugged im guessing

3. sav78

sav78 Member

a ribbon? hmmm....(just trying to sound intelligent there:)
    il open it up and have a look around, not that i know that much about the inside of a ps2. maybe its something blatant. thanx for your advice

4. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

the ribbons are under neath the drive remove gently so they all dont rip out

5. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member

Once i stepped on my ps2 top cover when it was open and the ribbon popped out, luckly it dint rip WHOO!
    but it took me about 30mins just to shove it back in (it gets sooo annoying!!)

6. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

it is the worst part i agree

7. makthug11

makthug11 Member

the discs don't spin in my ps2 slim...but everything turns on..now i opened it up and nuthing seemed to be wrong..like nothin was disconnected or anything..if anyone can help me with this problem it would be very much appreciated.i miss my socom3