1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a 2nd 360 cos of the RROD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lancerx, Dec 5, 2007.

1. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Well i just got after 2 years the famous RROD so cos i dont live in the states i wont waste my time calling M$ and sending it to them so i would like to know. wich one comes with the falcon board or wich ones will not give the RROD, any suggestions?

thanks

2. eire

eire Member

You dont have to be from the states to send your box back, i'm from ireland and my brothers box got the rrod and i sent it back for him and a few weeks later they sent him back a brand new one, free of charge, they even included a months xbox live gold. Also his box was modded i just flashed it back to the original firmware and they didnt say anything.

3. lancerx

lancerx Guest

What did you do? did you contact MS? how you did that?

thanks

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I know people don't want to hear it but all 360's (even the newer ones) have the ability to fail. I would suggest you try to do as eire did as I would be a bit apprehensive to spend more money on something that can still break OR fix it yourself with either the Towel Trick, XClamp mod or Penny mod. You might have to do a combination of the 3 to get it to work (I had to do all 3).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  5. eire

eire Member

Just go to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

and click on

http://www.xbox.com/support/petermooreletter.htm

and follow the instructions in the the FAQ section (at the bottom where it says contacts). You just have to ring them and tell them you have the three red lights and they will tell you how to send it back for repair. DHL actually came to our door and picked it up. A few weeks later a new one was delivered. You might not get a new one but they'll def fix it for you.

Hope this helps.

6. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Thanks for the help, still

wich vers of the 360 comes with the falcon board? or wich 360 is more reliable? i mean,with not RROD

7. eire

eire Member

As Oner said there is always a chance of the xbox, no matter which version, failing. It seems to be luck if you get a good one or not. Although the newer ones seem to be more reliable. In saying that i have one of the first ones and so far everythings fine. Just contact microsoft and have them fix your one, you may even get a new one.

8. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Well i decided to buy a premiun bundle with hdmi, i heard they are not having troubles at all, not RROD, mine was flashed so the guaranteed is no more.

9. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

its not that bad to contact M$ they will be happy to fix your console.in many cases they will send you a brand new unit.so please dont listen to negitivity from sony fanbots about the 360.true it blows when you spend your money on something and it breaks sooner than later.but atleast they will fix it for 3 years.

10. Oner

Amazing how someone can label people "fanbots" when all they are doing is explaining the absolute truth. Besides that, attitudes and instigative posts like that only get you in trouble.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  11. lancerx

lancerx Guest

i finally bought it, premiun bundle with hdmi, the old one will be fixed and sell over internet.

thanks for your help.

12. AlekSash

AlekSash Member

ye i got the 3 red lights and i hate it, i had mine also flashed so i have a question... would they notice that it has been flashed or wht, like would they not send it back or something or they wont fix it??

13. eire

eire Member

just flash it back to the original firmware. i dont think the technicians doin the work really care, as i said the one i sent back was flashed and i just flashed it back to original and they sent me a new one.

14. AlekSash

AlekSash Member

ye, i dont know how to flash it back to original, cuz i nvr flashed it in the first place

15. eire

eire Member

i suppose you could get the person that did the flash to do it again or if you follow the tutorials on this site you may be able to do it yourself, depending on which drive you have it can be very simple. Either way even if you had to pay a few quid to get it flashed again its a lot less than a new xbox.

16. AlekSash

AlekSash Member

ye i get it, of course the last thing on my mind it to buy another 360, u have a link to see how to flash it back, i have the samsung drive.

17. eire

eire Member

18. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

I'am not trying to be funny here but i think you really got it in for me any time i say one thing that you dont like or say something to one of your friends and you know who i'am talking about you jump right in to threaten me with the rules.or try to tell me off.but its all in vain.because i know i dont bother anyone nor disrepect anyone its just dabating to me nothing personel.but i think you take things personel and as a mod anywhere that is never a good thing.

19. Oner

You act as if you don't post things (like you did) to insult people? While trying to come off as if you have never violated rules here while throwing it back at me....believe what you want you are not fooling me and I am not getting into an extended discussion of the rules you consistently violate. If you don't like it then clean up your replies and I wouldn't have to keep an eye on you as well as the MANY others I do on this site.

Edit add on:

You know what, I do take things personal on this site as I am a BIG reason the whole console sections exist here and are for the most part free of fanboy bs arguments like other sites i.e. Maxconsole, Kotaku, QJ and so on. I am not the only mod who deals with posters on this forum like this and not unjustly. Here are some more rules you can read up on

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/380660

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  20. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

OK