1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a d-box???????

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Linsey80, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Linsey80

Linsey80 Member

anyone out there thinking about buying a d-box well here is a bit of advice Don't we bought a d-box last year and we've had nothing but trouble with it we just recently bought a starview box and it workd brilliant i wouldnt look back soz d-box peeps i pick starview anyday

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. dc69

dc69 Regular member

yeah you are absolutely right,only thing dbox has is better picture quality,features,electronic program guide and support and doesnt go off every few months and having to re tune channles every day due to no sound.apart from that you are right.

MESSAGE TO ANYONE BUYING A DBOX ,SAVE EVERYBODY ON THE FORUMS TIME AND ENERGY AND READ UP AND LEARN HOW TO USE THE DBOX BEFORE YOU BUY ONE,IF YOU HAVENT GOT NECESSARY COMPUTER SKILLS PLEASE DONT BUY ONE AND GET A STARVIEW INSTEAD.THE PERSON WHO STARTED THE THREAD OBVIOSLY JUST DIDNT HAVE THE NO HOW TO USE THE BOX PROPERLY AND FIX ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT.

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Well said Dc69.

4. Linsey80

Linsey80 Member

actually we do know how to work the d-box and as for having to retune channels everyday is a load of nonsense i've had a starview box for about 3-4 months now and i've never had to retune channels so i suggest you read up on how to use the starview box

thanks you
    the d-box does not have better picture quality and the d-box restarts itself whenever it feels like whereas the starview doesnt

5. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

every one to their own

6. dc69

dc69 Regular member

well i have both and can see them running side by side,so i think my opinion is extremely valid.if your dbox was restarting itself then you should have changed your image or your ucodes but then you do know how to work it so you obviously did that.lol and in my house anyway the picture quality is better and the same in my friends house with an ntl box and a starview so you must just have one with a very special tuner

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  7. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

Hmm... Do I detect a hint of sarcasm ;)

8. dc69

dc69 Regular member

I dont know what your talking about :)