1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a elite.help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by plmko, Sep 16, 2007.

1. plmko

plmko Member

right im looking to buy an elite.im from ireland(will buy from u.k)
    and i WILL softmod it.i have a couple of questions

1.do the elites still get 3 Rings Of Death
    2.do you know the cheapest place to get 1 online
    3.if i got the 3 Rings Of Death is there anyway to refash it back to normal so i can return it to mircosoft???
    4.are the games region free???would a back up copy of a usa game work on a modded pal console??
    5.do i need to know anything else.

thanks alot

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  2. unimatrx

unimatrx Member

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

5. i disegree, you may get banned but no one knows for sure, i have had one banned from live but my other two 360's have not been banned and they have been modded for over 8 months.
    definitely a mod chip is not the best way to go, the mod chip will get you banned before the firmware flash.

4. unimatrx

unimatrx Member

The fact you got banned once means that its is possibility, so why run the risk. besides you heard about the guy with halo he got banned hard.. then again his was severe but still i would not want to be known for having backup copies.

As for flashing goes there was an issue with the elite its not as easy as just buying one it has to have the right drive which is a type samsung, and you have a 75% chance of not getting one.

i would agree flashing is quicker but im a mod chip guy and i always have been, never had any issues with them.

But still i would wait for it to mature more before doing anything to an elite

5. plmko

plmko Member

thanks for replys but im gonna have to go with flashing the 360.and i know about xbox live banning and that

edit

@ unimatrx

i thought you could flash all the drives except one of them(i think there's four in total??)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  6. allybhoy

allybhoy Member

Here's a question maybe somebody could answer.........

If you go onto xbox live with a modded 360 using an original disc can you still run the risk of being banned? Or is it only when you go online with "backed up" games.

Like can they detect the firmware of your DVD Rom online? If they can how is it not possible to mod your 360 without sticking a disc straight into the 360 rather than hooking it up to your pc?

7. allybhoy

allybhoy Member

Here's a question maybe somebody could answer.........

If you go onto xbox live with a modded 360 using an original disc can you still run the risk of being banned? Or is it only when you go online with "backed up" games.

Like can they detect the firmware of your DVD Rom online? If they can how is it not possible to mod your 360 without sticking a disc straight into the 360 rather than hooking it up to your pc?

8. woox123

woox123 Member

if your console is modded u will be banned, end of story (if they catch u which they cant w/ new firmwares)

9. allybhoy

allybhoy Member

Does anybody know the process of how they catch you? I mean do they just do random scans of firmwares or do they scan each and every user? I always thought it was when you used backup games, i dont use xbox live that much, but i have used it a few times and have never had any issues, is it inevitable that i will be banned at some time though?