1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a M3 Real, is this the right choice?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LiquidusZ, Dec 25, 2007.

1. LiquidusZ

LiquidusZ Member

Hi, I'm looking for someone that can play DS and GBA roms. Is this the best choice?

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-rumble-pack-gba-expansion-pack-p-710.html

Its the only store I've seen with the Real + GBA expansion in stock. Is there any package without the Rumble Pak? I don't really need that.

Also, will a 2gb Micro SD be enough space for DS and GBA games?

Thanks for the help.

2. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

I bought the wife the M3 Real pack (with Rumble Pak) with a 1Gb MicroSD card & USB adaptor included. With this SD card I fit 25 games on it (from what I saw, each save file takes up .5 Mb). This is 25 games mind you using the DS ROM trimmer (takes off excess empty space in the ROM file -- if you need it just PM me).

The trimmer REALLY pays off. I have acquired every single DS ROM released for the US market as of today (479 of them). The total size of the untrimmed ROMS (uncompressed) is 18.5Gb where after I trimmed all of them the total size of all of them is 15.2Gb. A saving of over 3Gb!!!

BTW, the wife LOVES the M3!! Very simple to use just drag and drop and then plug into the DS.

3. LiquidusZ

LiquidusZ Member

Is there anything better about the M3 Simply + EZ Flash?

4. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

From what I have read (and peeps... feel free to correct me) the M3 Simply does not support SDHC cards (higher capacity MicroSD cards) where the M3 Real does.

5. rjosel

rjosel Member

6. LiquidusZ

LiquidusZ Member

It's been a while and I'm actually going to buy the M3 Real now, but have any better alternatives for playing DS + GBA roms come out? Thanks for the help.