1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a new tv (Sharp LC46XD1E). Which cables do I need to display full HD with my 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Brodde, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Brodde

Brodde Member

2. steimy

steimy Active member

do you have an elite version? If so then HDMI is the best your going to get. If not then i would say it is a toss up between the other two. People go back and forth on which is better between VGA and component. I personally went with VGA. But that TV doesn't even list a VGA input on the link.

3. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Cant go wrong with PSYCLONE or MONSTER

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

If elite it's a no-brainer to go with the hdmi, but if you have a premium or core, from what i hear vga is the way to go. But that Aqous tv doesn't have vga input,so you'd have to use component or buy a moniter. Anyways if you haven't already bought your tv, if you really want 1080p gameplay you're better off getting sommething 50in or over as a 46 inch can't really display the excellence of 1080p

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yeah, I would look around for more TV's if you have not bought it alreay for one that will have the inputs you need.

6. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

Did anyone check tosee if the component inputs on that particular Tv can accept a 1080p signal? I know most can't, but my Sony does and it's actually nice to not have to run out and buy an Elite for HDMI.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  7. albino92

albino92 Regular member

good point, but even if the tv does accept 1080p component, hdmi is easier smaller includes audio and may have better picture quality because it is all digital rather than component's analog.

8. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

True but still nice to have when you have a non HDMI-equipped 360.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  9. albino92

albino92 Regular member

That's also true but as of right now all 360's beside the core SKUs will include hdmi output! these include the elites (obviously) and the new cheaper SKUs

10. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

Yep, I posted a Topic on it. Anyway, he's asking about the TV so he already has a 360.

11. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

MONSTER cables are a rip. Don't be paying $100 for any cables that can be had for $5.

PSYCLONE is nice and cheap. i got a fiber optic one for my xbox for $5 from bestbuy. i thought it was a pricing mistake.

12. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

MONSTER Cables are not $100, i bought component cables for my PS3 from Monster for $50, and the picture was amazing

13. albino92

albino92 Regular member

at best buy i have seen monster cables for $100 and over, but they are cheaper and the ones that are $100 are scams.

14. steimy

steimy Active member

Personally i own the Psyclone cables on both my PS2 and regular Xbox and they are cheaper then the Monster and very well constructed so you know you are getting quality. NOw they were not cheap really, at the time i bought them a few years ago they were about $50-$60 a set in a reatil store like Best Buy. But they are well worth it.

You really want to avoid those really cheap no-name cables they sell on places like Ebay. They are badly made and will not improve the picture quality much if at all due to the cheap construction.

15. Brodde

Brodde Member

I allready own a premium console so it has to be component/VGA. Allthough the link do not list VGA compability, the tv has VGA in. But since I allready have a componentcable, I really hope it will work well. I bought the tv today but my 360 is in repairs so I cant do anything until it returns. '
    If I have to buy a VGA cable, is the MS original cable decent enough?

16. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, the cable they sell will work just fine. That is what i am using on my 360.

17. albino92

albino92 Regular member

yah you shouldn't have any problems with the microsoft vga cable, but they're selling it on their xbox website for like $40