1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a premod ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fauldon, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Fauldon

Fauldon Member

About a week ago I found a site that let you build a ps2. It let you select the chip and the accessories (controller, mem card, hdd, hdd loader, network adapter) and the skin you want for your ps2. Each option was a drop down menu and each component had how much extra it cost printed next to it. I have since reformatted my computer and for the life of me I can't find that site anymore. I had hoped to order a premod from them... anyone know the site I'm talking about or another site with similiar options?

2. Fauldon

Fauldon Member

By the way I want a regular sized ps2 so I can use a hdd not the new slim pstwo.

3. Mark13760

Mark13760 Member

Try Quickmods, thier site is set up that way.

4. bigk540

bigk540 Member

It sounds like you're talking about www.premods.com. They use ver. 9, ver. 10 ps2's. Hope that helped.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  5. jjjerm

jjjerm Member

I've had some recent experiences purchasing pre-modded ps2's. I HAVE to play using backups, as my 3 year old thinks my new $50 games make great sandpaper for the hardwood floors. After trashing about $300 in games, and lacking the experience to mod them myself, I decided to purchase a premodded system.

The first I purchased from modchips.ca, for $300, plus $50 express shipping. It was a version 10, broke after 27 days (still under warranty...this group states that they warranty their premods for 30 days), so after some verbal foreplay, managed to get a return number and send it back. I've got one phone call from them saying "yea, ....we've received it...looks like the lasers burnt out, we're looking at it now...don't call us, we'll call you" (that is verbatim). This was sent back in October, and that's the last I've heard from them. Emails are normally returned with a request to not email them. If or when I receive my PS2, or even some word back from them, I'll update this and repost.

Meanwhile, I couldn't wait, as more of my games were being destroyed daily, so I was surfing around and found www.bayareamods.net. The guy there responded within a day to my query, and I bought a PSTwo premodded for $269 (shipping included), right when they first came out. The chip still didn't have all the bugs worked out, and that one died as well, after about a month. Emailed them (they warranty for 90 days), and had another PSTwo with the fixed chip within a week. OUTSTANDING customer service, every email I sent was responded to within a day, and they were very honest and direct with me.

So far, the latter source (bayareamods.net)is about the best price I've seen while surfing around, and they are very good about answering any questions quickly...I highly recommend them.

I'm waiting a bit longer, out of fairness, before I say anything about the first company, because they might actually honor their word. As of right now though, if you are looking at purchasing a premodded ps2 or psTwo, I would not be able to in good conscience endorse the first company I dealt with, but could FULLY endorse the second...I'm referring all of my personal friends with similar issues to them.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004