1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Brand New Xbox360 - Help me answer a few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bmilcs, Apr 8, 2007.

1. bmilcs

bmilcs Member

Okay. From what I've gathered over many sites and whatnot, in order to play my backups of games I should flash my xbox 360. However, I've also heard that the newer 360's have drives that aren't compatible with certain firmware and so forth.

Where should I purchase my new xbox 360?
    What should I make sure it contains (drives, etc.)?
    What is the most stable firmware update out as of April 07?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could possibly privately message me via e-mail (decaying@comcast.net) or AIM: "bmil cs" and help me, with the proper knowledge, to successfully flash a brand spanking new XBox 360.

** Note: I realize how repetitive this type of questionare is, but I truly need the help. I've been reading for hours, my eyes are tired, and I'm physically exhausted. Someone help me!

Thank you all very much for taking the time to at least read my thread. And thank you for supplying such a great forum.

Take care,
    Bryan

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Hey,sorry for net being able to help you on that,i'm sure others will do.But edit your post by removing your email address if you don't want your mail box fills up with tons of spams.Others or some mod will ask you the same thing.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Where should I purchase my new xbox 360?
    Anywhere you like. Personally i bought mine at EB Games. BUt if you have an extra $100 you can get it preflashed at Teammodders.com (for the premium system, core is $400, premium is $500). If you plan to buy the new 360 Elite system then you are out of luck as far as modding it until someone figures out how to do it.

What should I make sure it contains (drives, etc.)?
    You want the premium system. It will have just about everything you need. The only upgrades i suggest are a second wireless controller (it should come with one), the rechargable battery packs, and the charger for them. And if your TV has the correct input for it, the optional VGA cable.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4921750
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196267
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5651709

What is the most stable firmware update out as of April 07?
    depends on which drive you get, after you get it you will have to see which drive it has, the Hitachi or the Samsung. Then from there you have to figure out which model it is of those brands (which you will have to open it to do)
    Then you can figure out which firmware you fkash it with, and also your PC must have SATA slots open, and also you will void your warranty when you open it.

4. user473

user473 Regular member

i dont think you should have a problem putting firmware on.. my buddy just bought 1 yesterday and i flashed it fine ..it was a samsung ms28 ..no problems,he got it at walmart

5. bmilcs

bmilcs Member

I think i'm gonna try flashing my regular xbox first. What does that require? What do I have to take apart, etc.?

Don't I need MechAssault or Splinter Cell or whatever

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

omg go to the 360 faq