1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying DBox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tracie212, Feb 18, 2007.

1. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

I've tried using EBay. Is that the cheapest? I can't even get an EBay account because of something abouty browsers and cookies.This is driving me insane. Everyone seems to have them but I can't get it (

2. Dunxs1

Dunxs1 Member

I bought mine (sagem )off someone on ebay who offers a reflashing service, I contacted him direct via his website,i'm not sure if it's allowed for me to put the link on this site?
    i'm not a techy myself and just wanted as near as poss to plug and play. The afore mentioned person only lives a few miles from me (West Yorks) so I got him to source a good box and install the software. I then picked the box up from him and he gave me an instruction sheet telling me how to scan for channels, easy- similar to updating a channel list on a freeview box via the remote.
    The box has been ok, freezes occasionaly but is cured buy turning off and back on again, not really a problem.
    Had the box for 3 weeks now.
    Hope you get sorted.
    Dunx.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  3. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

That sounds ideal. The guys I bought it from have done a runner and stolen all my hardware. I also got them from EBay. So I am very reluctant to get involved again.

4. Dunxs1

Dunxs1 Member

Thats part of the reason I was cautious, i've been scammed for small amounts on ebay before, but to be honest I think it's the exception.
    Good feedback is the key, and plenty of research, if you can find someone local you can use thier knowledge to help you set up- and if they don't deliver what you've paid for you can always go round and get your money back ;0)

5. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

And how can I find them?

6. Dunxs1

Dunxs1 Member

pm sent
    Did you get it ok?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  7. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Yes, thanks. And I replied !

8. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

I sourced mine from a very good dealer in Germany - when he ships them sends me tracking number to trace and gets here within 4 working days.

I have also ordered another 4 for friends and family from same guy and again no problems.

where are you located (I am in West Yorkshire) - may have a spare box avaialble if you are interested

9. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Hiya
    In west Yorkshire just like Duncan on the board!
    I'm in London. The guys I bought it from have NOW returned my call-They are telling me that to insert a new tuner takes four weeks and they need to send it back to Germany. I was furious with them. They are supposed to offer 2 years' guarantee. Do you knowanyone who can fit it for me? Preferably in London
    Thanks

10. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

you can buy the tuner off ebay and if you know someone who can solder then its straighforward to replace the tuner.. do you have a mate of family member who can solder... you can buy a tuner for about 30 quid I think

if the box has to be sent off to germany then expect a 14 days to get it back.