1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying First DVD Burner PLEASE HELP (AVI Files, etc.)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ebener12, Dec 16, 2004.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Ebener12, get RWs, you will not get a coaster that way. I use Imation +RW, works a treat, Verbatim should be OK, they are a good make. Though I believe some have had probs with Imation.
    I would get both if I were you. You can't beat experimentation, you learn loads!

2. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Ok I heard RW isnt as compatible with as many DVD Players as R, is that true? And will RW work with my PS2? Thanks

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You should only use the RW to practice with and to back up data. The R's are cheaper and perform better on a wider range of players when backing up movies. Also to a few of post before about the Pioneer drive I to am a Pioneer DVDR fan as mine has worked flawless, but every site I have been to like this one http://reviews.cnet.com/4502-3185_7-0.html?tag=srch&qt=&500109id=5263100&orderby=-7eRating all rate the LaCie higher than the Pioneer. Go figure??

Good Luck :)

4. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

OK, So I will use the +RW To backup with, and R to burn files. DOes -/+R Make a difference there?

5. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

One more question, what is the best place to buy the Nero 6 Ultra Edition, with the Vision Express?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

There its only for the download? Will I still get everything in Nero 6 Ultra Edition with that....like Nero Vision Express and all that?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yep you sure will thats how I got mine :)
    As long as you get that serial number you will be good to go. You can always download updates and everything from Nero and burn everything to a disk. Just be sure you don't lose the serial number :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL :)

9. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Sweet, will it just send me the serial #? Or Do I need to order the disk too for the extra $9

10. Adavis

Adavis Member

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No need for the disk. If you want it on a disk download all the newest versions from Nero and burn them on a disk to keep thats free!! :)

12. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Ok, so the download will come with everything I need, correct?

13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi All,

Just my 2 Cents worth...

It will have what you need as long as you have a ripping program like Shrink.

You are specifically after the packages with Nero Burning ROM and NeroVision Express3. That would be package 1 and 2. Package 3 has InCD which you probably won't need. Neromix is package 4, the Nero Media player is package 5 and Nero Photoshow is package 6.

Burning ROM is what Shrink will open when you are copying DVDs and NVE3 is what you can use to do your .avis with. I'd read up a bit about doing that first though. It can be a little complicated at first.

Best wishes,
    Frank

14. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Yeah I downloaded the Shrink and Decrypter programs.

15. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Ok, I got the burner and got the Nero 6 Ultra Edion program...the first thing is did was decrypt one of my dvds using the DVD Decrypter. Then I opened Nero and went to Vision Express and clicked Copy Entire DVD. So I did that and selected the Decryted files to burn that i just decrypted, and it started burning but 5 minutes into it, it said: Writing File To Disc Failed. What did I do wrong?

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You need to use DVD Shrink to make the files fit onto one DVD. Then burn with Nero. Open shrink and Click on reathor and then Drag the main movie from the right to the left then hit commpression tab, there you should un-check everything except the 5.1CH english and then hit back up. There you can choose to burn with Nero or Decrypter

17. Ebener12

Ebener12 Guest

Ok Thanks alot I followed the steps so far...can I select The Menu and Extras? As soon as I hear back I will try burning it. Thanks again!

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes you can, but I never do. Just produces better quality without the extras. If you must have them for some reason then yes you can put them on there.