1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying new PSP .. about ISOs .. !!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Haisook, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Haisook

Haisook Member

Hi there.
    I'm new here. Looks like a nice forum!

Anyway, I plan on purchasing a PSP very soon.
    I plan on playing ISOs too via a 1GB Sony card.

I wonder what version of PSP can play it that way? I've heard that only certain versions can do it, but I can't remember which. The PSP I'll buy is a recent one; definitely not 1.5, and is probably 3.0 or more.

And is it as simple as drag n drop to card, then launch on PSP?

Quoting a user's review here:
    Is that firmware update available online? and could I upgrade to it from ANY version? Take in consideration it will probably not be the US version. I'll buy it from Dubai, Midde East.

Thank you...!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Ok first lets see what firmware will be on your psp. If it is not 2.80 and below than you cannot downgrade to 1.50. The 3.03OE-B you are referring to is the new custom fireware by Dark Alex which can play iso's and psx games. This new firmware can only be obtained by having 1.50 and upgrading. Just hold off untill you know what firmware your psp will have.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. Haisook

Haisook Member

Oh thanks a lot, rsrepp!! That was really conclusive and helpful!
    I actually wish the stickies are that clear for newbies like me!

I will report back with the exact version.
    Hope it's 2.80 or below.

Thanks again!

4. patricktm

patricktm Member

i think there is a online store suitable for you, maybe the price is higher, but you can specify colour, version and firmware version of your PSP, here is the link:

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/product_info.php?products_id=127

i bought one silver colour 1.5 PSP, it is wonderful without any problem. their customer service is good too. hope they can help you. :)

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

it's better to have a 2gb memory stick or bigger some isos will not fit in a 1gb memory stick without compressing or using a ripkit, and if you are thinking to buy a memory stick from ebay they are usually fakes

6. Haisook

Haisook Member

Thanks for the link, but I'm actually bidding on a used one, and I've sent the seller a question about what he meant by his PSP having the 'latest' firmware.

It comes with 4 games, 1 GB Sony card, a Logitech hard case, and an 8-UMD case. I didn't think of all this piracy and ISO stuff until a few hours ago. I planned at first to buy 2 more games. :)

7. Haisook

Haisook Member

Well, according to the seller, it's 3.02 or 3.03 -- So I suppose this won't be able to be downgraded? or would it play ISOs out of box since it's 3?

8. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

If its above 2.8 then you wont be able to play ISOs. 3.02 / 3.03 are not the same as 3.02OE and 3.03OE so no you wont be able to play ISOs straight out the box....

9. Haisook

Haisook Member

Hmm.. that's a bummer.
    That's why then noone seems to be interested in that auction!!!

Thanks anyway!

10. tjlewis70

tjlewis70 Guest

Hey i just got a psp fryday and it was firmware version 2.71 it should be the same when you buy yours i dont think they'll change it that soon