1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying PS3 60gb with sixaxis. Please Help

Discussion in 'PS3' started by KaranShah, Jun 12, 2011.

1. KaranShah

KaranShah Member

heyy ..
    Im thinkin to buy a 2nd hand ps3 60gb with sixaxis .. getting it for Rs 12000. (1$=45Rs).
    Is it worth that much ?? well a new 80gb is for Rs 20,000.
    can I play games downloaded off Internet ...?? can it play movies off usb ??

OR a ps2 for Rs 3000 . (Also 2nd hand). new is for 6000. Ive read that it doesnt play movies after modding it . is it true ? if not can it play movies off usb ??

which would be better .... ??

Please Help ..
    Thanx a tonne ...!!

2. pzwt

pzwt Member

I think the first is better. Though it is more expensive than the second one, it owns more functions and it is more convenient.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I'd never pay that much for a 2nd hand PS3 (especially not for one that is around five years old), for that money you can sometimes get a slim one (YLOD safe). Every PS3 can play movies off USB, even unmodified, if the movies are in a codec the PS3 accepts (for example divx/xvid (.avi), Mpegs).
    About the other thing, backed up games off USB drive, it depends on the firmware the PS3 has. 3.55 and below are ok, 3.56 and above are a no-go.
    Also Sixxaxis is only the controller.