1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Software to Burn My DVD's

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kathy13, Feb 4, 2007.

1. kathy13

kathy13 Member

OK, so I have DVD Shrink, DVD Fab Decypter and Image Burn, but still can't burn my saved DVD movie to a DVD. I am wanting to go ahead and buy software to burn, but am stuck on whick is best. Nero or Clone DVD. So what is your opinions on which I should invest in. I know I can get free trial of either, but eventually have to pay for it and want to be sure I get what is user friendly. This is such a process already just to get it on the hard drive.
    Those of you may remember....I am computer illiterate.
    Thanks for all the advice,
    Kathy

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi Kathy13.

I'd recommend using the free program Ripit4me to backup your DVDs, especially for a newbie. Heck, even the seasoned vets use it. There isn't any reason to pay for software when perfectly good free software exists. Just use the 1-Click mode and you should be good to go.

Ripit4me (free) automates the use of DVD Decrypter (free) with a PSL (protected sector list) file to rip either the whole DVD or just the main title to your hard disk. The ripped files are then cleaned up with FixVTS (also free) and are then passed to DVD Shrink (free) for reauthoring/compression. The DVD Shrink output can be burned with either ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter (both free).

Links to software are included in the guide linked below:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

What problems are you having burning? Are you having difficulty actually burning with ImgBurn or are you having difficulty getting to that stage?

3. kathy13

kathy13 Member

Is there step by step instructions on which order and what to use first etc. with these programs...a start to finish guide?
    Thanks, Kathy