1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bypassing the processor when ripping?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by askyew, Jan 29, 2004.

1. askyew

askyew Regular member

I saw a post the other day and now I cant find it (dammit) where you can set to rip to the hdd and bypass the processor. Does anyone have the pros and cons to this? What setting is it? Windows XP

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

huh?? I may be dumb, or not up-to-date, but im really not sure how you can by pass the processor on a computer when ripping a DVD - id be interested in someone could explain it...

3. askyew

askyew Regular member

I thought the same thing when I read it. I wish I would have e-mailed the thread to myself.

4. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

It cant be possible can it, DAMN it would be a trip tho lol! Im joining this thread just to see what's said lol.

5. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I read sumthin similar.....but it was about dvd decrypter. I think it was at the website. Sumthin about how decrypter focuses on hardware to hardware tranferral of info, rather than piping it thru the OS. Sheesh....can't remember.

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Yeah, me watching too.
    It would be great if it could happen....

7. cliffwon

cliffwon Member

What you probably read was burning directly to cd. This would entail two drives.Drive one would have to be at least a reader and drive two, your burner. This setup would avoid having to read to a temp file on your hard drive and then dumping the file to the burner. I believe if you eliminate your processor for this task you will have a very expensive paper weight waiting for something usefull to do.