1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals Burn Problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by acecman, Jul 10, 2003.

1. acecman

acecman Member

Hey all-
    After reading all the many posts on burning CC Generals, I did the following with my NEC NR-7800a CD-RW Burner:

-2 bin and cue files for Generals, the bin for CD 2 is 795,000 kb in size
    -burned both in Alcohol 120 in RAW/DAO at 4, 8 and 16x using SafeDisc 2 profile and "amplify weak sectors" both checked and unchecked
    -with installation, the CD 1 installs up to 30-40% without any problems and the installer prompts for CD 2
    -CD 2 installs up to 74% when I get the following bizarre error message:
    "C:\EA Games\Generals\Data\Movies\Training_Final_00s.bik is missing or corrupt. Verify that the file is there" with the options "Retry" or "Abort". Error 1305.

NOTE: That it says that the C:\ file is missing or corrupt for some odd, odd reason.

I have tried multiple things in order to solve this problem with CD 2 including using Blindwrite, burning at variable settings and even taking all the files that were installed up until the 74% point, putting training_final_00s.bik from the CD cab to the correct folder and running the program without success, using both the burner and my DVD-ROM drive to install without any success.

Thus, after many many CDs used up, I ask for advice on this problem. I have minimized Alcohol in the system tray and selected all the emulation options but:

1. With Win XP and going to the Properties of both my CD drives, I am unable to find the option to autoplay the CD, it gives me autoplay options for music, DVD, picture, etc CDs but none for games or regular program CDs.
    2. For emulation, should I install from my CD-RW or DVD drive once I get autoplay working

3. Is 795,000 kb the correct bin file size for CD 2? Can anyone tell me the bin file for CD 2 with a successful install?

4. Should I use CDMage and check for corruption. If so, what options/procedures should I use with that program.

Any other advice at all would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

LOOK AT THIS!

DONT USE GAPS AND TRY IT!

YOURS! = C:\EA Games\Generals\Data\Movies\Training_Final_00s.bik

MINE! = C:\EA_Games\Generals\Data\Movies\Training_Final_00s.bik

note underscore after C:\EA_ !!!!!

if that doesnt work it sounds like a currupt image was it a download? if so cant help except use cdmage it may work!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Many EA pc games are rigged to "play" from the drive you originally installed the "original" pc game(ATIP cd check). If this doesn't apply to you then ignore.Go to options>general>data type setting>recording options and enable "bypass efm error". Now go to emulation and enable "ignore media type" and [bold] minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (starup) and play your backup in your NEC. [/bold]Open Alcohol 120% (image burning wizard) and load the [bold] cue file [/bold] and burn RAO DAO at 8x.

Shoey :)____X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  4. acecman

acecman Member

For the datatype, should I use General Protection for CD 2 or Safedisc 2?

For emulation, I need to have the autoplay option on, right? How do I enable autoplay for game CDs in Win XP?

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

CD2 doesnt have protection does it?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

C&C Generals (CD2) has [bold] no [/bold] Safedisc cd protection on the disc.

Shoey :)

7. acecman

acecman Member

So then, in Alcohol, with what datatype, protection, etc. settings would I burn disc 2 with?

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Just use fast error skip to read the image at 16x and burn RAO DAO at 8x. When all finished Open Alcohol 120%>emulation and enable ignore media type>minimize Alcohol 120%>startup>play the backup (CD 1) in your burner m8.

Shoey :)

9. acecman

acecman Member

I cannot seem to find the DAO RAO option with either Alcohol or Blindwrite, I only can select DAO RAW. How do I rectify this problem? Or is it through a deficiency in my burner?

10. morlan

morlan Guest

acecman:

I think shoey means RAW DAO instead.

I am trying to copy this game with the exact same CDRW drive. What a coinsidence!

Have you tried installing the game with the original CD and then running it with your cloned one? If that works than you have succesfully cloned a SafeDisc 2 disc.

I think your prob is definatley with the second CD and not the first one. The second CD is not protected. Maybey you should create an image of the second CD at a much lower read speed (1x or 2x) and then burn the image at a much lower speed too.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2003
  11. acecman

acecman Member

Morlan-

Do you remember the approximate size of your CD image for CD 2?

12. morlan

morlan Guest

Mate,

I can tell you tommorow when I bring the CD into work.

I'm almost positive that your CD1 is a good burn and that the image for CD2 has been corrupted.. somehow ;-)

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Wish i had your job hehe

14. morlan

morlan Guest

Hi acecman,

Here are the image files sizes for CC Generals:

CD1: 749,367
    CD2: 795,066

Hope this helps.

Morlan