1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Box - Which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Federer16, May 10, 2011.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

Be very careful about buying that box "NOW" what might look a great deal could be a "CLONE" have a read of the below post and then decide what you want

How to identify clone Ali3602 HD Receiver all consumers :

if you have an Ali3602 HD Receiver like S9,S10...there has a method to identify if it is original (quality goods) or clone.

Before identify , please backup your old software on the box by usb. Download , upgrade it by usb.
    enter menu---tool---information---press "8888" K*y, now you will see CHIP ID , If the box CHIP ID is in the chip_id_list, congratulation, your HD Receiver is original version! You can upgrade any new firmware to experience more new functions. Otherwise, You Box is clone version , please recover the software with the old version! This software will kill the clone box when power on over 10 times. If less than 10 times, no kill for clone version.
    the chip_id_list is the following, it will update everyday:
    00D0
    00EA
    085B
    0D0C
    98A1
    98F2
    9CF4
    9D1A
    When you buy a new box , try to view the chip_id_list If you can not find the valid "CHIP ID" on the chip_id_list, it means your box is a clone box.

2. Smig82

Smig82 Member

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but i've been reading through the forums all night and you guys seem to know all the facts.
    My problem is this, my friend said to get a spiderbox as he knows someone who is charging £20 p/m sub. I have been reading through the forums and would prefer a Blade7000 as it seems better and is better supported. Would it be possible to get a blade and get the sub off him or will i need a spiderbox? I hope this makes sense, i'm new to this and trying to learn

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

dont think it matters what sat box it is for inputting the data,as said before get a test one to see how good it is.