1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable+Socom Navy Seals

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 0MAR, Sep 18, 2004.

1. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

Hi i have this question i useto conect to play socom online with my dsl fine but now i swicht to cable and i cant conect can some 1 help me i put my ip and my dns and all that manual and the only thing in auto is my user name and password because cable dont use 1 and when is testing the coneccion it conect perfectly normal but when im going to conect to play online it doesnt work can any 1 help me with this !!!!

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

did you try it twice? that always happens to me. i try to connect and it says a netowrk cable is unplugged then it sends me back to the menu and then when i try again it always works.

3. Kabeer

Kabeer Member

there is actually a fix for the double connect thingy i will try and find it for you.Also if you are using ics then you will need to reconfigure your network settings in windows.

4. Kabeer

Kabeer Member

ICS like its name suggests, is the sharing of the Internet with another machine in this case the PlayStation.
    Firstly ensure you are using a X over cable, the one provided in the online gaming pack is a straight through cable,

ICS is confused by the Network Adaptor bringing the network up and down and it doesn’t seem to give the PS2 an IP address, I have tried manual settings in using the NA/Socom disc but can’t work a way around this!

To fix this, switch off the Media sense feature for DHCP.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS! YOU ARE TRYING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Here are some brief instructions on disabling media sense:
    1) Go to Start then click Run…
    2) In the dialog box type in regedit.
    3) You should see a “My Computer” icon double click on this icon in regedit (registry editor) if necessary.
    4) Double click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”, then double click “SYSTEM” , then double click “CurrentControlSet” then double click “Services” then double click “Tcpip” then double click “Parameters”
    So that’s the following folders:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
    5) Then right click the mouse button and click new then “Dword Value”
    6) The name “new Value #1” should be selected, rename this file to DisableDHCPMediaSense, exactly like this.
    7) Now double click on this new file DisableDHCPMediaSense and change the value data to 1.
    8) Exit regedit and restart the computer and hey Presto.

If you need more information about disabling media sensing see Microsoft support link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239924

I never came up with this i have to thank Kaboom for this.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004