1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAD / Gaming mini ITX build

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by mrlee123, Dec 24, 2018.

1. mrlee123

mrlee123 Newbie

Hi
    I'm a mechanical engineering student from denmark and I want a mini itx build for my study and for gaming. The build should be focused on CAD (solidworks) and heavy work in math programs like Matlab, but still able to be used for gaming. I like gaming but i don't need a top of the line gaming build. I've thrown together a list of parts based on my knowledge and the parts that are available with my local dealer:

- CPU: Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz 8M LGA1150
    - GPU: PNY Quadro K620 2GB DDR3 Low Profile
    - PSU: SilverStone SFX Series SX500-LG
    - RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3 240-pin
    - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s
    - MB: MSI Z97I AC mini ITX LGA1150
    - AIO-Water cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX
    - Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 250D mini ITX

What i your thoughts on the build? How can i make it better or cheaper? And do you have a monitor/monitor's you can recommend for my needs?.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

how much is the end cost on these parts?that platform is getting a bit old now but still a solid processor.if you are not into overclocking a non K processor should save you a few bucks.that gpu is a little light for gaming as well.also you could save by using an air cooler instead of going water.finally,unless space is the problem i would go with a mid tower instead of mini atx.best to give us you budget and we can better make suggestions on your build.