1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 2 .360. Can anyone help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kris77, Jun 18, 2007.

1. kris77

kris77 Member

Hey all

This is what ive done so far, unsuccesfully. Im hoping someone can point the way!

I got hold of the PAL release of Call Of Duty 2. It came as a .360 file after i extracted it from the RAR files.

Im assuming these cannot be burned in the current state am i correct?

I used SS Merger 1.7B, did a check on the .360 file and it wouldnt connect to the database. I got a message come up saying something like "this file is too small for wxripper and too big for xtreme" or something along those lines.

Anyways, i patched itwith a call of duty.bin file. ( i got a message saying "this iso is too big, patch anyways? To which i replied yes) and was then left with a .dvd file and a .360 file. I burned with both clonecd, got a dud, and then with imageburn (after renaming to .000) and again got a dud. I have never managed to do one of the these types of files successfully. What am i doing wrong? Yes i am writing them on verbatims and my burner is the 111D with latest firmware and every game i write which normally come as .000 and .dvd work fine. Just these releases. Can anyone help?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, you can burn the file after you extract the rar files. If you want to check it for stealth then i use Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 as that can check it an inject the files needed without having to change the file extension.

Then use IMGburn to burn it and i am sure you can find more than one post or guide here on how to use that.

Try using XBC to check it and if it is not stealth then use that to inject the individual bin files for what is missing. Then you can try burning it. That or just get a proper stealth patched copy at a reputable web site.

3. kris77

kris77 Member

So is this where im going wrong then? i always thought .360 files weren't ready to be burned straight off. So ive been messing around win SS patches and such and i didnt need to?

4. kris77

kris77 Member

Ihave now started again, and extracted from the rar files COD2.360 the xbox backup program when i try to check it, comes up with the error "unable to automatically determine image type". Any idea whats wrong?

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

right click the .360 file and rename it to cod2.iso
    Download the proper ss.bin, pfi.bin and dmi.bin files
    Use the video.iso file from XDVDMulleter7 and inject all 4 files with Schtrom 3.2

Open the .dvd file in notepad and edit as such
    Layerbreak=1913760
    cod2.iso

Save the .dvd file as cod2.dvd and burn with clonecd at 4x with Verbatim DVD+R DL