1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 2 freezing....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by roachee, May 4, 2007.

1. roachee

roachee Member

I have been playing this game non-stop the past four days, and last night I got to the point where I can select the "Continue Mission" option, but when I selected it, it would try to load but would stop in the middle of the loading process. I could never get it to work after that...it would take forever for the white bar to fill all the way, and would just freeze up after that. My guess is that there might be something wrong with the disk, it is a "used" game after all. I have no trouble with other games though....any thoughts?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

could very well be the disc. If it is not a back up copy (which could raise other problems like a wrong layer break setting) then my suggestion is this.
    1. wipe the disc off with a lint free towel and and try it again.
    2. If that doesn't work, and i know you will think i am crazy, take a SMALL amount of vasoline on a lint free towel and wipe the disc off with it. Take a fresh part of the towel and buff the disc removing any excess you may have. Then try it. This can actually sort of fill in some of the scratches as well as cleaning and shining up the disc.
    3. if all that fails i would say, time to get a new copy.

3. roachee

roachee Member

Thanks for the advise...I'll try that.

4. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Your 360 might have scratched it. The same thing started happening to me with COD 3. The 360 put rings on some parts of the disk for some reason, probably because of my 2 year old jumping around or something. I had to download a back-up copy and retire the original to finish the game with. Thank the Lord for back-ups.

5. cateye4k

cateye4k Member

same thing happened to my COD2 while playing Tunasian campaign. The bad news is that i cant back it up coz there is an error on the disk. The good news is i can still play online.