1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of duty 4 DVD read error @ 31.52% read please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antoniof7, Jan 17, 2008.

1. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

anyone having problem backing up Call of Duty 4?
    I seem to get a read error when it gets to 31.52% total read, it says, 'A read error has occurred in the file system data area. If this data cannot be recovered or you choose to zero fill this section it will result in a incomplete backup.'

Partition offset LBA: 1076353
    Overall offset: LBA: 1206177
    Name: sniperescape.ff

Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Please help! Thanks in advance.

2. hack01

hack01 Regular member

what version of XBOX CREATOR are you using.I used 2.7v to burn that one.

3. manny2564

manny2564 Member

I'd use imageburn if your having problems with xbc.

4. NewBart

NewBart Guest

You can't rip games with imageburn, you need Xbox Creator or Schtrom. I'd try to wipe off the COD4 disk, probably scratched and causeing the problem.

5. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Its when he trys to read it,not write it.Write the the second part. I had a problem w/it too until I used XBOX CREATOR 2.7v also when you are able to gut the rip to the computer use the write part from the XBOX CREATOR.I do that for all my burns and it works fine.When the burn part is done make sure you can play the second mission.I had a few people having problems w/it not letting you pass the second stage.

6. NewBart

NewBart Guest

I don't think the XBC version has anything to do with it, just from my experience. I just noticed for me, whenever I have a rip or burn problem with a game, the game is scratched 100% of the time.

7. hack01

hack01 Regular member

For me it was because it was the older version it wasnt working the newer games coming out.Like M$ was putting some other coading on the game.

8. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Hi all,
    I'm using Xbox Backup Creator V2.7 and Samsung SH-D162C DVD ROM with kreon FW V1.00 to rip the game and as I said I get as far as 31.52% and the error comes up and that is as far as I get, I cant continue. This a PAL version of the game. Also a friend of mine has COD 3 and he also gets the same error and cant seem to backup his original as well.

9. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Im not sure then what would be the problem. I have Xbox Backup Creator V2.7 and Samsung SH-D162C DVD ROM, but my Keron firmware I havent updated to the new version.The only thing else I can think of is what NEW BART said clean it off or it might be scratch.Try renting the game and burning it.Maybe might be the game itself.

10. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

My original has a couple of light scratches on it, but thats what you get when you borrow your games to friends. It plays fine though, but I can't back it up, should have done done it when I first got it but didn't know how till recently.

I'm not sure whether copying rental games even though I own an original copy would be legal? does anyone know?

11. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Hello,

This might sound like a rather novice question.
    I've been making back-up with 360 for several months now using
    SH-D162C with itss original firmware which I believe
    was Keron V 0.81
    I have not update this since I purchased this drive, is it necessary to have this updated & if so where do I find updated version & how do I have it updated as I am having some issues to play back-up games, ocassionally I'll get unable to read disc message while playing or at start up.

12. Thomma

Thomma Member

Hey,

I had the same problem backing up FIFA 08 and I figured it out a way to make it work. Using Xbox back-up creator 2.7 ensure that in Options > Drive specific you have the correct model of Burner selected (i.e the model you are using). I had the incorrect model selected and I must have tried to rip the disc 10 times, each time it came up with an error in the same place without fail. Once I had the correct drive type selected it ripped perfectly first time.

Seems almost too simple to be the solution but it worked in my case.
    Hope this helps.

13. bart1ey

bart1ey Member

I had the same problem. Ended up that i needed to change the drive that reads the games to the primary drive in the bios. Also change the jumpers to primary on the drive.(if its ide)

14. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Sorry guys for late reply i've been away with no access to a computer.

I have resolved my problem. It was because of scratches on my disc. Burrowed a friends COD 4 disc and backed it up. I assume since I own an original this OK.