1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call Of Duty: Roads To Victory

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by maca1, Aug 10, 2007.

1. maca1

maca1 Regular member

Damn, what a great game ruined by it's crappy controls. There's four different control schemes to choose from - A, B, C or D. The problem
    is, unless you choose A, you can't look up or down with your gun unless
    you're aiming so you end up going with A and scheme A just sucks. Analog up and down is for moving forwards and backwards, fair enough but then analog left and right is for strafe left and strafe right, grrrr.... completely unnatural. Triangle, X, square and O are for looking up, down left right.

All they had to do, was make O and square - strafe left and strafe right and make analog left and right look left and right, while leaving Triangle and X look up and down and the game would have been perfect, but instead they ruin The Damn thing!!!!

2. armorthis

armorthis Guest

I never had a problem with the control scheme to that game. I thought that game was superb IMO.

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Trust me, if they switched the controls it would feel more un-natural. What they did was what made most sense, the left hand controls controlled the "4" directional static facing movement. This is like most FPS pc games, if it was different then it would feel very odd (On pc A and D strafe, W and S forwards and backwards). Then the right controls simply looked around, the same with the mouse on pc's: free look, it would feel extremely odd to use a mouse to look up and down, yet side to side would strafe the player. That said, the control scheme therefore seemed very natural to me.

4. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

psp should have had another nub. what a shame