1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

call of duty skipping and slow loading times

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pustolio, Jan 18, 2005.

1. pustolio

pustolio Member

well i just backed up call of duty today and its loads really slow and it skips too. i use a ridata 8x dvd-r 4.7 gb

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  3. abx

abx Guest

I have been doing a lot of reading on the best media. I read that you shouldn't use ridata 8x dvd-r 4.7 gb. The 4x is ok but I also read that the quality of the 4x is going down hill. Everyone seems to like TY from Rima.com.

4. yellows

yellows Member

It is indeed a media problem. The 8X Riteks are the G05's. They are not so good for the PS2. I also find overall, they are not as good as the 4X(G04's). Try reburning the games on better media at maybe 2X. I have had better success using the Maxell DVD-R's(media code MXL 03). These are rated at 8X , but I burn at 2X. Also any Maxell DVD-R that are made in japan should work just as well. You will either get Taiyo Yudens or Maxell. Stay away from Taiwan.

The better media makes a huge difference with getting the game to load and boot every time and makes loading times much faster.

This makes huge differences in games that read from the disk alot. Ex. GT4: San Andreas and games like that.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  5. ibanez407

ibanez407 Member

I used a Maxell DVD-R the first time I made a backup copy of Call of Duty. It loaded slowly and sometimes during the speaking parts of the game, the voices would cut out and skip. Sometimes the ground would even turn into the sky and once I walked into it, it would say "you were killed." I bought some TDKGO2 DVD-R's and made another copy and so far it has been loaded faster and running alright...Knock on wood.

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

You need to use ISO-Buster to extract all files and DVDGEN to rebuild, with isobuster extract the files into a folder, then you need to REPLACE the 3 Dummy files with notepad.

They're called Gigsy.dum, padding.1 padding.2 and padding.3

These 3 files you just have to replace with an empty text file by using notepad, go file Save-as and save the empty text files with the exact name as the fiel you want to replace.

And That's how you fixup Call of duty for use wit SM.