1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call to arms my brethren - PSX Repair.com are thieving jackals!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mouth_uk, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Avoid PSXRepair.com like the plague, they are lying thieves.

I call out to all of you who I consider my brethen to aid me in this unspeakable incident.

My console was sent in to have the laser re-alligned or replaced if it was too warn as it no longer played DVDs, but still worked fine for my PS2 games.

Their website: www.psxrepair.com

After 8 months of numerous emails, calls and voicemails they insist that it has been mislaid and ignore any of my further queries for an explanation and request to have it replaced. PSXRepair is obviously under the impression that because I am in London, I am unable to do anything about it, are they right? I think not!

Do we just lie down and let these corporate monkeys walk all over us?

I THINK NOT!!

My PS2 happened to be a very important part of my life as I'm quite sure most of you feel the same way.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this incident published in gaming magazines and on PS2 websites, we need to warn our brothers and friends to keep their consoles away from these people.

1) Respond if you are sympathetic to my cause.
    2) Copy this thread and send it by email to everyone you know, the more people who are aware, the more people wont get screwed like I have.

The morale of the story: NEVER screw with a man and his PS2! You will burn!

***PSXRepair.com, if you are reading this, you chose the wrong person to screw with!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 Version - None anymore thanks to PSX Repair.com those thieving liars!![/small]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

did you send it to the repair shop in cardiff south wales?, 'cause if you did I can't understand how you're having trouble with them I know Raf he's a good guy and really helpfull, let me know if it is him you sent it to and I'll contact him and see what he says
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/
    http://www.wirelesssupplies.net/ps2/forums/[/small]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

It was from before Raf, I know Raf is a nice guy and this has nothing to do with Ace TV & Video, Raf just does some contract work for them.

This is about the branch before and the managing director's attitude. He's responsible for my console and Raf sent PSX Repair.com in the US the proof I sent that I sent the console to the branch in Wales who was supposed to repair my console and return it.

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

yeah the guy that had a contract with them, before raf, has gone, I tried to contact him, it took weeks through the psx site for them to contact me to inform me of that, they should give you compensation.

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

I know, they are ignoring me and trying to write me off as someone who'll just let it go...

Not likely!

Thanks for the sympathy zxspeky, appreciated. You guys obviously care for your PS2's as much as I did.

6. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

here you go my man, i got this info from no-ip.com

Whois
    Results for PSXrepair.com :

This domain appears Registered.

Registrant:
    Intertrade
    Sandfields Business Centre
    Purcell Avenue
    Port Talbot, West Glam SA12 7PT
    GB

Domain name: PSXREPAIR.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Clarke, Mark mark@intertrade-design.co.uk
    Purcell Avenue
    GB
    +4401639885591 Fax: +4401639888791

Technical Contact:
    Clarke, Mark mark@intertrade-design.co.uk
    Purcell Avenue
    GB
    +4401639885591 Fax: +4401639888791

Registration Service Provider:
    UK Reg, domains@fasthosts.co.uk
    +44 1452 541252
    +44 1452 538485 (fax)
    http://www.ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 15-Aug-2003.
    Record expires on 18-Nov-2004.
    Record created on 18-Nov-2002.

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS.INTERTRADE2000.COM 212.67.196.133
    NS2.INTERTRADE2000.COM 212.67.196.134

Domain status:
    ACTIVE

contact them

7. mooniekim

mooniekim Guest

Mouth_UK I totally and whole heartedly sympathize. I was robbed the same exact way as you were. I sent in my console to psxrepair.com because a fuse had blown out. I asked them about my ps2 after a couple of weeks. The replyed saying they were still waiting on parts to test the console. I thought that was kind of odd but i decided to wait. I sent my console in May 22nd 2004. It has been over 5 months. NO REPLIES! I have e-mailed at least 50 times asking about my ps2. NO REPLIES! I believe they are a bunch of theives who steal people's ps2s and sell the parts on their website. I was very grateful to find someone else who could relate to my problem. I thought I was the only one. Mouth_UK they are theives! There has to be a way to prosecute this theft! E-mail me @ Mooniekim@hotmail.com if you have similar problems with that evil site.

8. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

MRSIRCOOK thanks for the research. Those contact details are for the branch that closed down 6 months agao and the numbers no longer work. I am grateful for your help, thank you.

mooniekim, it is a relief to know there are more of us out there who will not sit idly by and let these people rob us of one of our hard earned lives.

9. conny119

conny119 Guest

i feel for you mouth, i sent my PS2 to get a chip installed not by PSX repair tho, i went to go get it back and the fusking shop was gone. damn these bastards

10. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

conny119, what shop did you take yours to?

11. conny119

conny119 Guest

it was just a local shop i shouldn't have to trusted them with my baby

12. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

The company appeared to be a reputable company. I sent the console to them via courier which was signed for. When my console was not returned 2 months later, I tried calling them to discover that the branch in Wales no longer existed.
    I tried to contact them in Canada and finally got hold of the managing director, I guy named Mark who promised me he'd find it and return it. 3 months down the line and guess what? No console and no word from Mark.

I tried calling and sent him tons of emails which were ignored. Eventually the company decided to give give the contract work to a guy who owns a TV/Videa repair store in Wales and I called the guy every day for 2 months until he had had enough of me too. He eventually got me to send my receipts which he forwarded to Mark in America and Mark finally emailed me promising to investigate. I sent him an email after another few months promising that I'd not let the matter go and he just continues to ignore me.

I would like to take it to court but how am I supposed to afford a lawyer to go to Canada and prosecute a company that operates out of the West? it would cost thousands and a new ps2 would cost £99.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 Version - None anymore thanks to PSX Repair.com those thieving liars!![/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  13. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

sheez. Thats a real bummer. I got mine chipped by a friend :D In general, I recommend getting a ps2 repaired somewhere reputable, you might pay a bit more but you're less likely to get shafted. Also try do it locally rather than send your ps2 away. Then at least, if they havent delivered you can visit vengeance on their sorry asses with a gang of mates in ski masks... :D

14. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

The company seemed to be a reputable company, they proudly display a Golden Web Award 2003/2004 on their home page. I have come across at least 4 other people who have been affected by psxrepair.com's ethics on forums.

So far I have reported them to:
    The local BBB
    State Attorney's office
    Royal Canadian Mounty Police
    BBC Watchdog
    My local trading standards
    and the local candian trading standards.

Lets hope psxrepair.com's practice of bad ethics will stop here.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  15. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Update**

With some nudging, the company has finally replaced the console. Thanks to all of you for the help and support, it was greatly appreciated.