1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calling ScubaPete re: your shrink guide

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tallula, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Tallula

Tallula Guest

Please help I had a copy of scubapetes shrink guide even though he posted it in here in August. My printer didn't print it out very well.
    I got stuck after selecting BACKUP then under TARGET DEVICE i dont have ISO IMAGE FILE AND BURN WITH DVD DE.... my printer didnt print the nect bit. I cant find the guide in forums to check it out. So what do I check to burn me film??? answers on a postcard... just kiddin. Please help im stuck it's taking me hours to do a whole film.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Did you download and install DVD Decrypter?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Tallula,

ScubaPete to the rescue -

Here's a newer guide, much more up-to-date -

1/2 of the way down the page -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

AFA your time goes -

Please read closely that section dealing with the Quality Settings.

If you use the quality settings, you'll probably take somewhere around 2 hours to make a backup BUT it will be very good. If you do not "Check" the two boxes in the Quality Setting (in Backup) then you'll have a a decent backup in less than an hour with an average machine. (I do an average backup w/o the quality settings in 28 to 32 minutes, burning at 4X to 6X)

Hope your printer is feeling better :)

Cheers,

Pete

4. Tallula

Tallula Guest

Great scubapete thank you from the bottom of my tiny beating heart lol. I have this one problem left. After the film burns it looks great BUT i got sub titles on me film WHY and HOW do i get rid of them.
    Im on windows ME nero 6 decrypter and shrink both up to date. I have a Pioneer dvd rw dvr 107D 1.5 I pull the main movie over and only get these options to UN CHECK. 1 AC3 5.1 - ch English
    2 AC3 2ch - English
    Subpicture 1 English
    2 English
    these have little ticks to the left of them.
    Also I'm trying to copy We were soldiers and just the film on its own is to big i still get red in the long bar. Then it tells me my film is to big.
    Can you help?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Tallula,

Uncheck everything but this - 1 AC3 5.1 - ch English

You should be fine. Seems kind of silly BUT when you play it on a standalone player, use your remote to undo the subtitles.

Actually, if you're using like PowerDVD you should be able to turn it off there too.

Pete

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, about the DVD being too large - just delete everything but the 5:1 Dolby and it should fit -

"P"

7. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I can copy the film in excellent quality but on my sharp dv-740 i get continual directors voice over and dont know how to shut it off or which button to use on my remote to do it with also does this on spiderman 1. BUT it doesn't do this on my sons claritone dvd player both players are stand alone. why is this? and how do i rectify it?

8. mcdm

mcdm Guest

i have a similar problem with my Dvd player, all i do is use the remote to disable subtitles
    not much help i know but it may be a start
    mcdm

9. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I'm on windows ME use DVD Shrink & nero 6 to burn But i still get directors running comentry all through the film on my sharp dvd player any sugestions?

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Again, have you unchecked all other audio except the 5.1 dolby ?