1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camaro,Challenger or Mustang,Which Muscle car has the best design

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ZoSoIV, Jul 8, 2009.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

This is why I say the engineering is lacking:

2010 Camaro SS = 422HP & 408LB-FT from 6162 cc
    1HP Per 14.60CC, 1FT-LB per 15.10CC

2010 Challenger RT = 372hp & 401LB-FT from 5654 cc
    1HP per 15.20CC, 1FT-LB per 14.10CC

2010 Mustang GT = 315HP & 325LB-FT from 4606 cc
    1HP per 14.62CC, 1 FT-LB per 14.17CC

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS (aka ugly, slow s**tbox) = 180HP & 130FT-LB from 1796CC
    1HP per 9.98CC, 1FT-LB per 13.82CC

As you can see, this outdated pig-mobile of a toyota economy car makes more power and torque per CC than any of these "muscle" cars. It does this without forced induction, and while maintaining a ULEV rating (the engine will make over 600HP with correct tuning). Toyota's goal was not a super-car or even a muscle car...they just wanted to make an economy car that had the power to merge onto the freeway. Clearly the big three wanted just enough power to merge onto the freeway. But instead of making efficient engines or lite-weight cars, they just stuck giant V8's with no power under the hoods of cars that make their all-steel '60's namesakes seem lightweight!

2. FredBun

FredBun Active member

It's kind of a draw for me between the camaro and the challanger, they both look good, brings back so many memories, I owned both a 396/375 1967 camaro and a 1970 hemi challanger, can still kick myself in the ass in getting rid of both.

The gentleman that said the foreign muscle cars are better, I want some of what he or she was smoking.

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

well i didn't end up buying any of the three but i did buy a Toyota FJ Crusier which i'm very happy with. here are a couple pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

That's a nice looking Ride Scott.

You're still enjoying it i'm assuming? ;-)

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah i love it. the more i drive it the more i like the truck. here is a pic i took after i detailed it out and had the windows tinted.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Very nice indeed bro.

Oh, love the front license plate btw. ;-)

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Damn Zo, NICE RIDE

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

thanks guys. the Blazer was nice but the FG is leaps and bounds beyond in quality ride, handling etc than the Blazer. and lol John i knew you would dig the Zeppelin plate.

9. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

I've never liked the front of the Mustang, just looks wrong. Now, if you let another company do their own spin on it then it can look pretty mean.

I really like the look of the new Camaro. The lines are smooth and the hood is just sick. I like everything about it except the noise. I've seen quite a few on the streets and they all sound like your normal car. Where is the growl, where is the VOICE!!! Saddens me that you have to get a 3rd party system on it to hear it.

Finally, the Challenger. Has that classic feel but with a modern edge. Personally, I like the looks of all the Dodge vehicles. They simply look mean and have the noise and power to fit.

10. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Pontiac GTO baby that's where its at, even the new one.

i wouldn't be caught dead in a new car they are expensive plastic pieces of crap, as is the 5 star rating now adays. we all know i only drive my car at 40 miles an hour so i can be safe and not have my engine hanging on my lap.