1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder to DVD for use abroad...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by 7up, Apr 22, 2003.

1. 7up

7up Member

I live in the USA and wish to take home movies from my camcorder(Canon ZR65) via Pinnacle s/w and burn it onto a DVD that I can send to my mom in UK. She has no computer, just a DVD player/tv combo. Will this work as is, or do I have to do a few other things to get this to work?

Thanks

2. malum

malum Regular member

First, I assume you have a DVD burner?
    second does her DVD player support DVD-R or +R depending on what you have?

If the above are OK then all you need to do is author a PAL DVD.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  3. 7up

7up Member

I guess that answers my question...I have a DVD burner, but a US one, which will burn to NTSC, is that correct? My mom living in UK, would have a PAL unit. So are there ways to burn a PAL with a US unit?
    Pardon my ignorance. Thanks for the reply.

4. malum

malum Regular member

Pal and NTSC are just screen resolutions and frame rates, your burner will burn whatever format you make to burn.
    You have to make the final product PAL 25fps and 720x576 for a DVD (I think) before burning it.

But just because you produce a PAL disc doesn't mean that her player will play it, you need to know if it is compatible with burned discs at all. www.dvdrhelp.com has a list of compatible players (and loads of info that will help you)
    Her player may well play NTSC discs which might save you some bother.