1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can 2.4 dual layers discs be burned a 4x?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Ive come across alot of them and they are mostly 2.4x and teh recommended burning speed is 4x or 5x can tehse discs be burnt at that speed.

2. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

verb's writs @ 8x max, but its not recommended to burn over 2.4 for info purposes....sometimes if burned @ faster speed, its harder to load movies and cut scenes.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

almost all DVD+R DL will say 2.4X on them. What you need to look at is the max speed they have. Like my Verbatim have a max speed of 6X and i burn them all at 4X and they work just fine. If the max speed was 8X then you could also use 4X burning speed.

Now this doesn't actually mean it will burn at 4X as most burners will pick it's own good speed depending on the media used. Like when i set it to 4X it rarely has an actual burning speed that high. It will varry between 3.88X and slightly lower. IMGburn will tell you what the actual write speed is as it is going.

4. axemurder

axemurder Member

I burn all my back-ups at 4x dont have any problems. im using some jvc dl right now waiting on my verbatim's to come in the mail only bad part about living in germany.

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

6. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

those verbatims will work just fine.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Yup 4X works just fine. Things get a bit flakey at least in my experience when you burn faster than that.

8. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

As a question a part from longer wait times obviously for your finished disk. Theres no known disadvantage of burning at below 4X is there?