1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can A 360 Use Any Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by JBHELL, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JBHELL

JBHELL Member

Is It Possible To Use Any Hard Drive On The Xbox 360? I Was Thinkin Of Buying The Core System N Just Installing My Own Harddrive If Possible. Please Let Me Know Thanks.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

3. Dem0n

Dem0n Member

Yeah there IS a way, broseph.

JBHELL, you have to have an external hard drive. If you don't have one, I suggest you buy the Ex Hard Drive the link I'm going to give you, recommends. It's about the same price as the 20 GB Microsoft offers, if not cheaper...AND it's 120GB. So yeah. Here you go.

http://intothemindd.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-use-your-own-hard-drive-on-xbox.html

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ahhhh.... ya... but that only works for music, pics, etc. It will not work for storage the same as the MS 20 gig. You can't use it for Live, backwards compatability, profile info, etc.

You can use it as an add on... but not as a replacement like what JBHELL is asking.

5. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Isn't there a way of disassembling the HDD housing a replacing the 20GB notebook drive drive with a larger notebook drive? I'm almost positive I've seen an article or guide for this.

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You are correct my friend. It is possible to make your own 20 or 120 gig drive. But is requires a specific model drive (WD Scorpio), an original drive key, and is quite technically advanced.

There's only a $70 difference between the Core and the Premium. It'll cost more than half that for the 20gig WD HDD (if one can be found) to more than $70 for the 120 gig WD.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZZkAAAVVpHxXqpYb.php

7. JBHELL

JBHELL Member

Damn that sucks alright thanks guys