1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a DVD+RW be used like a blank video ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by janszoon, Mar 6, 2005.

1. janszoon

janszoon Member

Sorry for such a basic question but, I have a few DVD's backed upon my harddrive. I would like to 'burn' one to DVD+RW watch it on my DVD player, then erase and burn another onto the same disk. Is this possible? do you begin to loose quality over time?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

yep.
    As far as losing quality? They say rw's can be erased over 1000 times. You might want to be extra careful and not scratch them up and they should last a long time with many erases. Plus they are great to practice with. Get some good rw's.

Play them on your dvd player? Some dvd players have a hard time reading dvdr's. Reading dvd-rw's can be even harder in some of them. If you got a good burner/good rw media/and a reliable stand alone player that will play them-then you should have no problems with them. Some of those players are a pain in the a**.

Good Luck

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

1 more suggestion: do a full erase instead of quick erase after every 3rd or 4th rewrite.