1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a HD set up box run on a SD Plasma tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by deltoro, Apr 9, 2005.

1. deltoro

deltoro Guest

Hey there guys, i got a riddle to be solve here...This saturday i'll be a proud owner of a 42 inch LG SD Plasma tv with a HD Panasonic Set up box...Im a bit confuse on what to expect from the HD Set up box? I was told that even though with a HD Set up box you can only receive SD if your display is SD.....

on the other hand, another sales person told me(*the one that convience me to get the HD Box) that it is possible to run a HD Set up box with better quality picture on a SD Plasma tv...So which is which? Can it be done? Is it possible to get better picture quality on my LG SD Plasma tv with a HD set up box? Or am i also a victim of another payoff?

THanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2005
  2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Can your CD walkman play a DVD.......no
    Can you run a Petrol car on Diesel......no

Can you get a HD pic on an SD only display.....no, it will display as SD

Sorry dude

3. deltoro

deltoro Guest

So basically there is no way that a SD Plasma tv can play a HD picture with a HD box is that right? Can somebody back me up with this matter...If i can't get HD picture in my SD Plasma tv with the HD set up box, then i'll have to change the set up box before i pay for it this thursday...Thats going to save me like $200.00oz dollars