1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can a receiver cause video problem

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by cmoney333, Feb 21, 2007.

1. cmoney333

cmoney333 Member

i have a front projector hooked up to a onkyo 603x receiver never had any problems but all of a sudden on my picture there are lines going up the screen the projector is hooked to the onkyo with 50ft componet cables i also have an hdmi wire going from the projector directly to my cable box for video so i have an option to use one or the other i also have a xbox 360 and a dvd player hooked up to the onkyo so the switching is done through the receiver on all three sources the lines appear on the screen but if i switch to my hdmi setting on my projector that bypasses the onkyo for video only just for tv watching the lines do not appear the picture is perfect what can be making these rolling lines could it be the componet cables are bad or is the out to display on the onkyo that the cables are hooked up to gone bad or is it just the video switching on the onkyo causing thers lines dont know how to solve this problem can anybody give me there insight on this problem

2. david66

david66 Regular member

what you are seeing is hum that is picked up by your cables try moving the cables and keep them away from power cords

3. cmoney333

cmoney333 Member

thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question

4. UseeInHD

UseeInHD Member

Wattup C$, its guch aka slickRICK, just wanted to let you know my name on here. I got some questions circulated already. Watch out for that hum!

one