1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any one help. PS2 Boot disk

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Dunga, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Dunga

Dunga Member

Have downloaded ps2 boot disk with cue.,bin.,files.I used fireburner to turn them into iso.Dont know if this is right.And also how do i burn onto disk I use nero.Have already wasted cd's trying. Can anyone please help me!!??? oh, and i am a newbie.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2002
  2. 3848

3848 Guest

ISO BURNING / RIPPING TUTORIAL!

Content

1.0 Burning
    2.0 Ripping

1.0 Burning

This has to be the most common question asked around here.
    here's the answer for all of you Burners out there.

First of all, you need a good burning software, such as Roxio (Easy CD Creator), Nero, Blindwrite, etc.
    next, you need an ISO file to burn *duh*

OK, these are to "items" that we need to burn an ISO. (oya, don't forget the Blank CD, and Burner)
    for programs such as nero, and roxio, they have a funtion called "Create CD from CD Image", this is what you would use to burn an ISO, you start up nero for example, choose Compile a new CD, misc (other) file type, create CD from CD Image. hunt down ur ISO, select it, and Burn. presto!

it's actually quite simple..

BUT

there are programs that don't have the create CD from CD Image, for these programs you go out to www.isobuster.com and download isobuster, use ISO buster to exctract the ISO to a folder on your HD,then load up your burning software, put all those files you extracted onto your CD, and Burn!

See!, wasn't that easy?

2.0 Ripping CD's ----> ISO

Yea! Rippen i find is fun,it's a rush! Noi acctually it's quite boring, but way faster than Creating a CD (depending on how fast your CD rom drive can read)

What you need:
    1 Cd rom drive
    1 CD to rip.

Sounds simple huh? ur right it is. mustmost people look at it in a difficult manner.
    ok here's what you do!

Load your program, lets use Roxio for an example this time.
    Launch Roxio (or any other burning software), and create a Data CD layout. From there, copy all of the contents on your CD you want to rip onto the CD Layout. once thats all done, goto file, Create CD Image. name is anything.ISO and it will take a few seconds to cpoy it all.

Presto! done! :p

3. Dunga

Dunga Member

Thanks for your help,but I've kinda given up on it working. Have burnt the files onto a cd. Seemed to go ok.Only I can't get it to work on the ps2. Maybe I need something else to go with it. Just going by the read me txt I got with it,they say boot disc only, no chip required. So I am baffled. Would like it to work but after hours of messing with it I've lost heart. Thanks for your time though.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

There is no downloadable bootdisc that would make MOD obsolete.