1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can any1 tell me what method of booting games i have

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lushiex, Apr 8, 2005.

1. lushiex

lushiex Member

hi i brought a ps2 thatplays back ups but i want to know what method as ive read different ways like slide card mahgic switch etc.all i can say is i have a ps2 and it doesnt have a top loader thing the tray comes out as normal .i then put in the swap magic wait for screen saying insert disk then i hold the eject button in and the tray comes out then i quicky change swap magic to copied game and the tray after about 5 seconds automatically goes back in i press x button at this time and bingo game loads but i dont slide a card across as ive read about etc so wanted to see if anyone can tell me what method of upgrade this is.nothing is showing at all etc and i dont do anything apart from the method ive mentioned.

2. tpham2006

tpham2006 Member

It's a modchip.

P.S. Hi, meet my friend Mr. Grammar

3. steimy

steimy Active member

are you sure there isn't a mod chip in it, if not i see no way that the method you use would work, because when you press eject it would reset the PS2.
    That is why people have to use the slidecard to open the draw or buy a fliptop, so that they can change discs without it resetting.

It must also not be a slim PSTwo because they have a flip top and not a drawer.

try to load one, but do not put in swap magic. If it loads up then you have a mod chip in there.

P.S. with the right equipment any PS2 will play back ups, that is why we need more infor to help answer questions.

4. lushiex

lushiex Member

hi,its defo not a top loader and not the new slimline but also ive just tried playing discs without using swap magic and it doesnt work says please insert a ps2 format disk.i havnt a clue what it can be as with above that is all i do to get the games work.i didnt mention tho on the part where i press the x button something clicks in machine then screen round outside goes blue and game boots up.any ideas?the reason im trying to find out is with swap magic the occasional game wont load and wanna know if there is a way of knowing what method im using to boot and if i can find out what games wont play on it etc or if theres sommat i can do to boot the games that wont work,but as ive said im new to all this and find it quite hard cos not into burning side at all i just buy the games.ive been directed to swapmagicfix but dont understand what it all means on there etc with games and what it all means.

5. kocher

kocher Regular member

lush,
    QUOTE: but as ive said im new to all this and find it quite hard cos not into burning side at all i just buy the games.

if youre not going to play a back up of the game u own, then u dont need a chip or any sort of mod at all. if you are just playing the original, then dont even bothere using swap magic just use the original game.

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

when you hold the eject button in, does light turn orangish brown?

its probably a no solder mod chip.

7. lushiex

lushiex Member

@ kocher...........when i brought the ps2 seconhand it came with loads of backups already didnt know at the time but some wont play others do

@ nelswick........no it doesnt go that colour ,when i press x it goes blue round outside of screen thats all sorry