1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anybody Help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shark08, Feb 12, 2005.

1. shark08

shark08 Member

I have been trying to backup my movies all week and i tried a bunch of different stuff. I tried with nero, copy to dvd, and decrypter. I have no problem backing up the files to the hard disk. When it comes to burning them to a dvd it wont let me. Nero and Copy To DVD say that the media is not the size (4.3 gb for Napolean Dynamite) and Decrypter doesnt even recognize the media. Decrypter says no medium or something like that. I have tried 3 different types of Dvd-R (DVD5 4.7 gb) and never had this problem in the past when using copy to dvd. The screen says at the bottom: necessary media DVD5. Please let me know what i can do.. THanks

NEil

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Have you used DVD Shrink to compress your files so that it will fit on a 4.7gb disc?
    Most movies need some compression to fit.

3. shark08

shark08 Member

yes i have...i dont know what the problem is

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

So if you have not had this problem before, what has changed?
    There must be something different as otherwise you would not be having problems.
    Sorry that I can't help.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

6. shark08

shark08 Member

i can get to the steps to backup the movie. i have two full movies on my hard disk but for some reason it wont let me burn on decrypter, nero or copy to dvd. i would say its the certain dvdrs im buying but ive tried 3 different types of brand new dvd r's. any other suggestions

7. san2124

san2124 Member

dude you need dvd shrink and nero 6 and you are ready to rip some dvd.

8. bardie

bardie Regular member

Perhaps you should use a DVD-RW while you are trying to find out what the issue is, that way you are not waisting your media, and what is the media you have been trying.

9. shark08

shark08 Member

imation dvdr 4.7gb
    memorex dvdr 4.7gb
    and fujifilm dvdr 4.7gb

i have shrink and nero the shrink part worked the setup worked for nero. i pressed the burn button and ejected my brand new dvdr and said to put one in with enough space

10. san2124

san2124 Member

when you first put the dvd in and you open up shrink is the bar all green or do you see and red?

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

shark08
    You said
    I have been trying to backup my movies all week and i tried a bunch of different stuff.

First--Have you successfully burned DVD's of the same type? As bardie said, you have to compress the files--you also need to match the media type (-,+)You said you have used DVD Shrink before--do you use it before or after the encoding? There are several excellent guides--one you just got from Shark08--Here is another which helps quite a bit--
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html--Let us know how you make out--

Whirfield