1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anybody tell me how to burn a .vob file into a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deseo, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Delgado69

Delgado69 Member

Each of the two folders were less than 4.3 gig so did not need to compress ('course I didn't even know you could do that with DVD stuff!) - I used Roxio DVD Creator 7.0 that came with the plextor PX-716A I bought on Sat. I do believe that they were burnt into a VIDEO_TS folder - but will have to check. When burning Roxio felt it was burnig a single track instead of the several files - is this a problem? It would say Burning Track 1 of 1

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure on roxio saying burning track but it seems ok?

but talking of roxio most on here would run a mile and fight you till the death if you tryed to load that pp on there PC!

some use ok but most wont as it can cause all sorts of terrible hardware issues!!!!

even by uninstaling it causes more hassle big time! and then its not gone you have to get an app called roxioZAPPER to get rid of the BEHIND the scenes registry etx etc...

i think you get the picture!

now back to files! i would load the file to DVD SHRINK a brillinat easy FREE app and if they load you know they are good to go! and when in dvd shrink click backup and you will see a box come up that asks you where to burn to, well burn to DVD DECRYPTER as this app id FREE also and very very good!

and see if the burn is ok!

[​IMG]

so you were fitting one amount of files to one dvdr-5 so 2 folders amount to 2 discs...?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  3. Delgado69

Delgado69 Member

1 folder onto 1 disc. From reading a lot of posts over the weekend I definitely get the impression that most HATE Roxio programs - and with all the trouble I am having I am beginning to feel the same way. Is Fuji a decent media to record on though? I think I will try to use the programs you suggested and see what the deal is then.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes fuji isnt bad, i use ritek GO5 dye myself

but yes try those apps from the sound of things you seem new to dvd copying etc...forgive me if i'm wrong! but those apps are great to learn with and great for advanced people, i still use them!!!

time for bed now 11.20 UK time....

night

-------------------

edit

dont uninstall roxio! YET!!!!!!!

leave it alone!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  5. Delgado69

Delgado69 Member

Thanks for your help! I will let you know.