1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help a newbie plz

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by natcam, Jun 17, 2007.

1. natcam

natcam Guest

hi
    i have a lot of films that i have downloaded i can play them in vlc and they are very good,but i don,t no how to burn them to disk with nero
    i think that they are dvdrip & av any help woul be great
    thanks
    natcam

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you with to create DVD's start Nero Vision 4 to convert them to DVD format.

Click 'Make DVD' > 'DVD Video' > 'Add Video Files'
    Select an AVI or any of the other types that are listed and proceed to burn the DVD.
    You should burn at 4x using media that is labeled 'Made in Japan' or 'Verbatim'.

If you have a standalone player that is DivX compatible, you do not have to convert the files.Burn them to the DVD as data.

3. natcam

natcam Guest

hello
    thank you for info,can you tell me what do if i have 2 parts of the film how do i make them as 1 film,when i have downloaded them they are in rar then i end up with cd1,cd2,but i dont no haw to put them as 1 film as they are in vlc which is want i play them with on pc,i dont have a dvix
    thanks

4. attar

attar Senior member

After you unrar them, what kind of files do you have.Are they .bin or .cue?

5. natcam

natcam Guest

hello
    media file (.avi)

6. attar

attar Senior member

Use Nero Vision 4.
    To combine related AVI files in Nero Vision 4, add the files (in the correct order) and click the 'Merge Title' button.
    It's on the lower left side of the window, the centre button of a group of three.

7. natcam

natcam Guest

hi thank you for info,the only thing is i found the 'Merge Title' button.but it is not working i have pressed on it but northing happens,?

8. attar

attar Senior member

In this case, three different types of files are going to be merged.
    An AVI + VOB + WMV
    Highlight the files to be merged and click the button.

[​IMG]

9. natcam

natcam Guest

HI
    i have done what you have said,and i am just waiting for it to burn,will let you no if i got it right,(hope so)
    thank you so much for helping me,
    sorry but i need to ask what is DVD data.and how would you do that ? (AVI + VOB + WMV what do they mean) is there away that you can put more then one film on to disk like you can with a video,like if you have 3hour you can put it in L/P ?,i now it sounds that i dont no much but got to start somewhere
    thank you again
    natcam

10. attar

attar Senior member

AVI is a, so called, container format.
    The container contains video and audio file that are compressed in different ways.
    WMV refers to Windows Media Video a Microsoft version of compressing video.
    VOB is the name given to special MPEG files that are found in all DVD movie disks and in file folders which conform to DVD standard.
    The 'Glossary' tab on top of this page explains it in excruciating detail.
    I displayed the three types to show what could go into the making of a DVD disk.
    In the example shown in the pic, if the three files were not merged then three menu items would be generated and the final disk would present them for selection on playback.
    You could highlight items 1 and 3 and merge them, which would generate only two items on the menu.

In Nero Vision, as you add clips, you will be warned when the disk has been filled to capacity: click the 'More' button then > 'Video Options' > 'DVD Video' > 'Quality Settings' and you can override the standard setting and get lower quality.
    More than three hours of running time means a drop in quality.

If your standalone player has a sticker on it that says it is DivX compatible, you can add the AVI files (DivX or Xvid)directly to the disk as data files.
    The AVI files are much smaller than the same video in DVD format.
    It's possible to put twenty-something Star Trek episodes on one DVD disk without compromising quality - and is probably cheaper in the long run if you consider the time spent baby sitting a DVD burner.