1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Help Analyze My Problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lawtyger, Nov 11, 2007.

1. lawtyger

lawtyger Member

My situaton is this. My Wii still plays all of the games I backed up except for any of the backups I've made over the past two weeks with one odd exceptions - the backup I made today.

Basically, FIFA Soccer 08, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and Resident Evil WERE WORKING after I backed them up, but when I went to play them today the Wii would not read the disc (but it read all backup games before these). To be clear, I was able to play the above 3 games after they were backed up but now I can't.

This would seem to rule out any issues with my burner. In addition, tonight, I was able to backup Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and the backup plays fine so to be honest I'm not sure what is going on.

At first I thought maybe the Wii got updated somehow by Nintendo (via internet? is that possible) or from a disc (but I thought it asked you if you wanted to upgrade first and I don't recall it doing that) and because of that the latest games wouldn't play. But then, when the Olympic Games backup played fine that shot a hole in that theory.

I guess one thing I'm wondering is if Nintendo somehow did something that allows my backups to play a few times and after that the Wii will no longer recognize it. That is the only thing that would seem to explain me being able to play FIFA Soccer 08, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and Resident Evil and then all of a sudden not being able to (while still being able to play my old games and the latest burned game Olympic Games).

I guess I'm just confused at this point and don't know if I even have a problem and if I do, what to do about it or to do to prevent any more games from all of a sudden not working?

I looked through several pages of posts and didn't see anything describing this type of thing happening.

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate just learning more about this. Also, if anyone could tell me the easist way to one and for all find out why my Wii plays backups (i.e. do I have the Wiikey or something else) that would be great!

2. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

Hmmm... definitely tricky... How about these guesses:
    1) A solder coming loose (not super likely)
    2) Crappy DVD-ROMS and some you got lucky burns with (I use verbatim DVD-R)
    3) Burn speed isn't 4x (too slow or too fast can cause crappy burns).
    4) The man has hacked your brain and knows when you are using certain games and is modifying your Wii via wireless AND THEN PUTTING IT BACK TO CONFUSE YOU.
    5) You updated your Wii to have a flaming pink skin and it's protesting on only manly games.
    6) I'll stop now.

3. lawtyger

lawtyger Member

4), 5), and 6) - pretty funny.

1) I agree, not likely.
    2) and 3) given the 100% success rate with backups using the same media, from the same package, at the same burn speed (albeit 2x) not likely either. I've never had a bad burn and all games have been recognized by the Wii and were playable. All that happened was a select few games backuped in a row stopped being recognized by the Wii.

At this point, if these are the only games this happens to I'll be happy.

4. hookie66

hookie66 Member

this has happened to me as well. did u find out how to fix it?

5. lawtyger

lawtyger Member

No I haven't found a fix or a reason why this happened. Nobody seems interested or doesn't believe it is really happening.

Slowly, but surely, others (like you) are describing a similar problem to something IS going on.