1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me answer this questions.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by teach, Dec 7, 2004.

1. teach

teach Member

Hi.
    I have more than one question so I'll just start with this. and thanks for the help.

1.Why is my dvd burner slow when I am trying to burn .avi files. I use nerovision express 2, and I select the project "make a dvd".

2.Would my dvd disc work on my dvd player if I burn it as data.

3. Why when I click on a media file on my hd to check how much space will it take, it gives me 200MB for example. Then when I try to burn it as a Dvd using nero, it covers about 500MB.

4.I ripped a dvd that has about 7GB. I was wondering if there is a way for me to burn it into a dvd disc that holds about 5GB.

5.My last question. I upgraded my pc with a dvd burner, so now I have to decide whether I keep my cd burner or my dvd rom. What choice would be best?

Sorry for so many questions, but any help that I can get would certainly be appreciated. thanks.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok let’s try to go one at a time here... Hold up I got to get a beer first... LOL

1. When using NVE to make a DVD out of AVI files you are actually converting the files to a format which is compatible to play back on a stand alone DVD player. Thus it is not your burner that is slow it is the time it takes NVE to convert it that takes time. Unfortunately when you are doing what you are there is no other way to do it.

2. It would if and that’s a big if you had the right video, resolution, and sound format and they were all under a folder named VIDEO_TS, but this is very complex and would require a lot of explanation on how to do this. More than likely you would still have to convert your video files anyway so you may as well stick with NVE.

3. Answer on kind of explains this NVE has to convert the file to play in a DVD player. Hint you can adjust settings in Nero to make movie smaller kind of like the VCR LP, SP, SLP and so on..

4. Yep use DVD Shrink

5. Keep the DVD ROM there is no need for the CD Burner anymore. You can read all your DVD media threw the DVD ROM saving wear and tear on your laser for the DVD Burner. Also the DVD ROM will normally rip a movie to your hard drive faster than a burner anyway. Again what would you use the CD Burner for?

NOTE: There are guides on this sight for all the proggy’s I talked about. They will help you greatly.

Good Luck,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  3. teach

teach Member

Thanks a lot for the info.

4. teach

teach Member

Is it possible to burn a dvd disc as a vcd, or as a svcd?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yep there are several Guides here in AD just look under the Guides tab at the top of the page. Not to many people do that anymore though with DVD media being so cheap now.

[​IMG]

6. teach

teach Member

thanks again buddy

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No prob :)

Glad to be of service

[​IMG]