1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me, my games take ages to load and skip etc. please help me...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mitchdog, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Mitchdog

Mitchdog Member

hi, i have the latest up to date nero program. I have bought copies of all the games i own from america, They are on ritek dvd - r.

I put the copied disk into my dvd reader and a blank disk in my dvd writer and open up nero, i click on dvd copy and then choose on the fly and select 4x. i click burn and it burns the games ok.

I then go to my ps2 and boot it up with swap magic dvd disk and fliptop, It goes blue but stays on that for about 10 seconds then loads. The game is skipping and freezing all the time. but i have copied one before and it worked ok but then i copied loads of different games and the sound is jumping and that.

I don't understand why, the games that i am copying from are not scrathed and neither is the blanks. i have cleaned my ps2 laser and still the same thing. ive also cleaned my dvd writers laser as well.

The disks i have tried using are bulkpaq orange, datawrite red and datawrite yellow, these are all good disks so i don't know what is wrong. My dvd writer is a sony DRU - 530A

But yet the copies i get from america work perfectly and so does original games. just not my copies. i have made a successful backup before but now it isnt copying t right cos it takes ages to load and the sound skips. but then another time it will do a good copy.

lets take gta san andreas for example, i copy it on 4x and it takes about 13 - 14 minuites. I put my copy in the dvd reader and it has the exact same ammount of data as the disk i copied from does. and it says that the game is gta san andreas so it hasnt missed anything out but my copy takes ages to load and the sound skips and half the time i do a copy and it dsoesnt even load at all.

Please help, all help would be greatly appretiated. i have also used alcohol 120% and sonic record now but still same problem.

2. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

i have that slow loading time problem as well (maybe caused by shitty media), but u should try burning at a slower speed....(slowest possible).....

3. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

Hello Mitchdog, I see you are having trouble with your backups I hope I can help. First off you don't want to do "On the fly" copies of any PS2 game it's just bad you'll usually end up with a coaster. Ok heres a way that you can backup your games with Nero; On the "New Compilation" menu select DVD\DVD Copy, now on the image settings just select the drive where you are temporarily storing your image of your PS2 backup, next on the copy options de-select "On the fly" and select the drive containing your disc to backup, then on the "Read Options" tab select Data DVD, and finaly on the "Burn" select the lowest speed that your SONY DRU-530A allows (usually 1X) insert your DVD-R onto your writer and burn away. ^_^

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  4. Mitchdog

Mitchdog Member

hi, thanks for your help, i will try this method and then i will tell you if it works or not.

5. Mitchdog

Mitchdog Member

hi, i did this and still doesn't work, i want to do it quick though as well, it took me about 45 minuites doing it this way.

6. k-os

k-os Member

u definitely shouldnt be using the bulqpaq media, because they are poor quality, secondly san andreas is generally a hard game to backup due to the fact that it is a very large game so dont worry too much about the problems associated with that. if u want to make backups of official games then u could try downloading DVD decrypter, this will work with ur copied games too.

7. Mitchdog

Mitchdog Member

hi again, got riteks and still same problem. Burning at lowest (2x) .

Nearly all my games on nero while creating the image say failed half way through and there isnt a scrath on them????

They are copies so its not owt to do with the cop protection.