1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help me

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by davidhare, Oct 20, 2004.

1. davidhare

davidhare Guest

Ive just started to back up dvds but im having a problem i have a dvd+ recorder but im finind that it will only copy the back up on to dvd+ rw and not to dvdr's. caN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY THIS IS as im getting very p#@*ed off with it any help will be great.

2. newsdude1

newsdude1 Member

I'm no pro but it would help if you listed what kind of burner, what kind of media you're using, and what programs.

3. davidhare

davidhare Guest

hi sorry new to this. my dvd drive is a ricoh mp524oA and im using nero 6. but they just don't seem to copy on to normal dvdr's for some reason but work fine on dvd+rw. can you help me please. cheers

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

As you already know your burner only does + R's. It sounds like the burner does not lke the blank media you are using. Go here and you will see what other media others are using w/ that drive. I would recommend the Verbatim's. If you have not done so you might as well update your burner's firmware at the Ricoh website and also update Nero to the current version.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php?DVDnameid=123&Search=Search&list=0#comments

5. davidhare

davidhare Guest

hello thanks for that advice. i have gone and purchased 25 verbatim dvd+r discs, they work on all 3 of the dvd players in this house but dont work on mt toshiba ds-2109 or my x-box. any ideas as to why they don't work on thses two formats?

cheers david