1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help re burning probs and correct media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emz77, Nov 7, 2004.

1. emz77

emz77 Member

I have a lite on dvd re-writer, and I brought (recommended) infiniti discs, when I burn it reaches 95% every time then says error! please help me

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

emz77,
    Who recommended infinity. I recommend Ritek Ridata dvd+r (Ricohjpn). Lite-ons perform better with +r media and love the Ricoh's. The best media is Taiyo Yuden. Other good media is Maxell, TDK, Verbatum Datalife, or any media with MID MCC.

3. emz77

emz77 Member

Hi and thanks for your help, the only media I acn get similar to what you have mentioned is just the plain 'ritek dvd+ dye' theu have a orange front. Is that the right one?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No, do not get those! They are an inferior C grade.

Where do you live?

You can't find Ritek Ridata 4x +R or Ritek G04 4x or G05 8x -R on the internet? LiteOn may prefer +R but mine burns -R with no problems.

None of the brands Mort81 mentioned you can't get on the net?

5. emz77

emz77 Member

Hi I dont buy things over the net as I had a bad experience once before, anyway I went to my local shop and brought a 'Ritek +' disc and that worked great. The bloke who worked there said any disc will work, as I know now that, that is not the case. So anyway I brought 4 single discs the first as above the rest I brought I havn't tried yet but there i) rivision DVD+R ii) rivision DVD-R and iii) Ritek DVD-R.
    I would post you the web address to this shop but I don't know if i'm allowed to or not.

Thanks.

6. emz77

emz77 Member

Oh and by the way I live in Nottingham, England.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I use PayPal, only one who has your card #, and as long as where you shop uses them they never even see your credit card.

Oh well, congrats on the burn, hope everything works out for ya :>)